The Sydney court said environment minister Greg Hunt had ignored the advice of his dept regarding the harm posed to the two vulnerable species.
NTPC, India’s largest power producer and coal consumer, will not place any new orders for coal imports during the three months to September.
In a statement on July 31, state-run NTPC said it will hold 74 per cent share in the JV while JBVNL will have the rest 26 per cent.
The World Bank has made a U-turn on its stance after it agreed to lend $1.03 billion to Coal India along with a Japanese lending agency.
NTPC, India’s largest power producer, has decided to sign fresh power purchase agreements (PPAs) with existing customers and bundle thermal power with solar power in 85:15 ratio.
Power projects with around 46,000 MW capacity are facing viability issues due to lack of long-term purchase agreements, inadequate fuel supply and aggressive bidding to win projects, says a Crisil report.
State-run Coal India has tied up with the ASCI to train its executives to handle varying rehabilitation and resettlement norms across states
India’s thermal plants touched a new low of 59 per cent in capacity utilisation in June, a level that will make it difficult for commercial plants to service their debt
Power generation companies face dwindling coal stocks as Coal India Ltd is only providing supplies after deducting part of their payments.
Solar power is likely to become cheaper than or equivalent to conventional thermal energy prices over the next two to three years and reach Rs 4-4.5 per unit.
- No blogs yet have been written by the author, we’re sure the author will contribute one soon