MUMBAI: Nivea added Nivea Sun to its portfolio of products in India. Launched yesterday in Mumbai, on a sunny rooftop - the event made sure people attending didn't have any doubts about the use of the product. Available in variations of SPF 30 & 50, Nivea Sun will be available in four SKUs starting from Rs 199 onwards.
According to Rakshit Hargave, MD, Nivea, "Nivea Sun is the largest selling sunscreen in the world, both according to Euromonitor and Nielsen." Launched in 1933, Nivea chose summer of 2012 to unveil the brand in India.
The brand will be available across 15 metros and will be mostly available through modern trade. Priced at a premium of 10-15% Nivea Sun is being positioned as a lifestyle product.
The company has plans to use digital media, print and point-of-sale to promote the brand. Mandira Bedi, Lara Dutta, Sheetal Malhar and Ranvijay launched the brand.
Mr. Hargave also said more variants of Nivea Sun will be available in India by August 2012.
Download The Economic Times News App to get Daily Market Updates & Live Business News.
- Nivea partners with Swiggy, Zomato for delivery of hygiene products
- Nivea plans customised India products
- To groom Indian men and score, Nivea brings in Real Madrid
- We are market leader in some sectors against the mighty HUL: Nivea
- Why Nivea, a sunscreen pooping robot, is making headlines
- Nivea to set up first plant in India at Sanand