It's probably a brand most of us remember from childhood - SevenSeas Original cod liver oil and in some cases abhorred because of the strong fishy smell.
The brand was recently taken over by pharmaceutical company Merck KGaA and will be handled by its consumer healthcare division. Merck has plans to push the brand further in the Indian market and has plans lined up to take the brand forward. Merck also handles brands like Nasivion, Evion and Maxepa.
Ashish Bhatt, business head, consumer healthcare, Merck said: "We would be aggressively marketing SevenSeaS with renewed focus . We aim to engage consumers by leveraging different media channels and through activation strategies." The brand recently signed on Bollywood actress Raveena Tandon as the brand ambassador for SevenSeaS Original.
DDB Health & Lifestyle will be handling the advertising for the brand which aims to acquire 10% market share of the fish oil nutraceutricals market in India. SevenSeas Original is part of the Rs 114 crore fish oil nutraceutical market, which is growing at 18% as per IMS Health - a analytics company that tracks the healthcare industry. Bhatt says, the brand has plans to leverage different media channels to engage mothers and children across India.
SevenSeaS Original oil is the purest form of cod liver oil and one of the most trusted natural sources of vitamins A and D. It also comprises two active ingredients, DHA and EPA, which are most potent in promoting health and defending the body against infections and diseases.
Download The Economic Times News App to get Daily Market Updates & Live Business News.
- IAVI, Merck KGaA, Serum Institute join hands to develop monoclonal antibodies for Covid-19
- Merck KGaA may sell consumer health business
- Merck KGaA bets on cancer drugs to revitalise German firm
- German drug maker Merck KGaA finds Indian market promising for its pharma, consumer health business
- Merck KGaA acquires Bangalore-based bioscience company
- Merck KGaA eyes 20 pc growth from India in next 3 years