Alok Saraogi, head - brand and marketing communications, Ashok Leyland said, "We have been media shy for a long time, so never thought of advertising. We are largely known as a south Indian company and our ambition is to be known as a national player and take a larger place in the market. The campaign is an attempt to do a big bang activity that will cut through masses and be noticed by all."
Saraogi feels Dhoni is the right fit because he still retains his humility despite being on top of his sport. Contract Advertising has made the commercial for the brand. At the backend, Ashok Leyland is also gearing up its manufacturing facilities to cater to new demand fuelled by the marketing campaign.
The advertising campaign is also to support its 400+ dealers to have better footfalls. Besides advertising, Ashok Leyland is also setting up training institute for drivers and organizing camps for mechanics to help them understand its vehicles better. Apart from India, Ashok Leyland has presence in Latin America, CIS, ASEAN, Russia, Africa, SAARC and Middle-East countries.
Download The Economic Times News App to get Daily Market Updates & Live Business News.
- MS Dhoni's brand value on an upswing despite retirement from international cricket
- Will jersey No.7 retire with MS Dhoni? Dinesh Karthik raises demand
- When MS Dhoni wielded magic without the bat in his hands
- Former Indian skipper MS Dhoni announces retirement from international cricket
- BCCI pays tribute to MS Dhoni after announcing India squad for Down Under
- Hues of yellow: Die-hard MS Dhoni fan paints house in CSK colours, 'Thala' calls it a 'great gesture'