Imagination's creative team will be headed by Alistair Petrie, regional creative director who is based out of the agency's Hong Kong office. Imagination started off as an experiential agency but now handles different creative needs that a client may have. At the Auto Expo 2012 held in New Delhi earlier this year, Imagination helped auto brands like Land Rover, Ford and Tata Motors showcase themselves in a distinctive manner.
"This maybe our official entry into India, but we have been working with Indian clients over the last 15-20 years," explains Mark Barrett, CEO, Asia Pacific, Imagination. Oberoi hotels, 360 restaurants, Hyatt New Delhi and Ritz Carlton Bengaluru are among the brands that Imagination has worked with. Imagination has also redesigned the Aston Martin showrooms for the car brand in India.
Imagination has 16 offices spread across Qatar, Moscow, Seattle, Sao Paulo and has 9 offices in the APAC region alone. China was its last entry before India, and Barrett hopes to replicate the success of Chinese market in India as well.
"Our past experience with Indian brands is helping us grow. Everybody thinks an international agency will be expensive, but we think globally and work locally," says Barrett. Barrett says Imagination will draw upon its resources across the globe to do the best work for its clients, irrespective of where the client is physically located.
Imagination, says Barrett works with over 311 brands globally including Disney, Siemens, Aston Martin and The Body Shop among others. Talking about the Indian opportunity, Barrett says there are a lot of luxury brands in India which he says is an area of opportunity for them.
Download The Economic Times News App to get Daily Market Updates & Live Business News.
- View: Imagining the Trump presidency that wasn’t
- How the surging virus has crashed into campaigning in every imaginable way
- Nobody would have imagined a welfare scheme for the poor to be implemented so quickly: PM on SVANidhi Yojana
- Alankit Imaginations unveils service for Indians to invest in US stocks
- Attenborough fuels 7-year-old Prince George's imagination, gifts him giant shark tooth fossil
- Harappa Education CEO can’t imagine running a company without WhatsApp