The numbers of bills generated in the months post lockdown is a strong indicator of the economy recovering from the effects of Covid 19 pandemic.
E-way bills, a must for transportation of goods worth more than Rs 50,000, clocked a daily average of 1.5 million in August, similar to that in July but higher than 1.4 million in June.
The daily average numbers are inching closer to the 1.8 million per day recorded during the pre-Covid period, from January 25 to March 24.
As per GST Network, over 10.4 million e-way bills were generated in the first six days of September.
Download The Economic Times News App to get Daily Market Updates & Live Business News.
- E-way bill generation to be restricted if taxpayer with over Rs 5 cr turnover fails to file return
- CBIC extends validity of e-way bills in new set of relaxations
- Govt extends validity of certain e-way bills till June-end
- Over 4.87 crore e-way bills worth Rs 13.85 lakh crore generated in August
- Validity of e-way bills extended till November 30: Central Board of Indirect taxes and Customs
- Expired e-way bills biggest challenge for India Inc
2 Comments on this Story
Syed Umair8 days ago
California Drivers License Template PSD New 2020
Krishnamoorthy Venkedaswamy41 days ago
then why GST collection is not improved?