The summer placement was conducted this month for 4 days (October 15-18) where roles offered included business analytics, consulting, e-commerce, finance, general management, retail, sales and marketing, among others.
Recruiters like Amazon, Bain & Company, Accenture, Goldman Sachs among others had lined up for interns from this IIM.
“The entire process of summer placements was completed in record time due to process improvements in resume verification and effective management of pre-placement talks and interview schedules,” said U Dinesh Kumar, chair of career development services, IIM Bangalore.
There were 127 offers made in the consulting domain by companies including Bain & Company (19), Accenture Strategy (18), Boston Consulting Group (13), AT Kearney (12), McKinsey & Company (11), among others.
Companies including Goldman Sachs, Avendus Capital, Citibank, JP Morgan, Deutsche Bank and others made 72 offers in the finance, banking and investments domain.
In the e-commerce sector, 33 offers were made by companies including Amazon, Cloudtail, Flipkart, OLX, Paypal and Prione.
A total of 79 offers were made in the marketing and sales domain by recruiters including AB InBev, Vodafone Idea Limited, Bajaj Auto, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories, Mondelez, Procter & Gamble, etc, according to the institute release.
“There is an increase in international offers made by many regular and new recruiters this year. The intake in technology and product management domain has gone up as compared to previous years,” said Newton Bishoyi, student placement representative, IIM Bangalore.
- IIM-Bangalore's programme among top 100 in global list
- IIM Board appoints Professor Rishikesha T Krishnan as IIM Bangalore's new director
- IIM Bangalore students bag 147 offers from consulting firms
- IIM-Bangalore announces launch of an advanced management programme for family businesses
- IIM Bangalore launches a programme with Gabelli School of Business
- Students from IIM Bangalore win Accenture B-School challenge