At $65 mn, Akshay Kumar world's 4th highest-paid actor; earns more than Jackie Chan, Bradley Cooper
The 'Mission Mangal' actor is the only Indian in the top 10 on the Forbes list, that is topped by Dwayne Johnson.
- With $5.5 mn, PV Sindhu is only Indian on Forbes highest-paid female athletes list
- Kohli, Priyanka Chopra among Instagram's highest-paid celebs; Ronaldo tops the list
- Akshay Kumar only Indian to feature in Forbes highest-paid celebrities list; surpasses Rihanna, Katy Perry
- Taylor Swift tops Forbes Celebrity 100 list, becomes highest-paid star with over $185 mn-earning
- 'Mission Mangal' done, now Akshay Kumar may do a Doval biopic
According to the publication, the 'Mission Mangal' star raked in $65 million, to feature at the fourth spot on the list. The film, inspired by ISRO's Mars mission, recently became Kumar's biggest opener till date, crossing the Rs 100 crore mark in just 5 days.
As per Forbes, the 51-year-old actor draws in at least $5 million and up to $10 million per film, in addition to the millions he mints from his over 20 endorsement deals.
Hollywood star Dwayne 'Rock' Johnson leads the pack, topping the list of the 10 highest-paid actors, collecting $89.4 million between June 1, 2018, and June 1, 2019. According to the publication, the actor will earn an upfront salary of up to $23.5 million for 'Jumanji: The Next Level'.
'Avengers: Endgame' stars Chris Hemsworth, Robert Downey Jr., Bradley Cooper and Paul Rudd all made it to the list.
The list includes the timeline from June 2018 to June 2019, during which the Marvel film, that became the highest-grossing movie of all time - with $2.796 billion at the box-office - was released.
The 'Thor' star was on the second spot with $76.4 million, followed by 'Iron Man' Robert Downey Jr. at number 3.
'Rocket' Bradley Cooper - who also saw the release of his 'A Star is Born' during the period - came in at sixth, 'Captain America' Chris Evans at eighth, and 'Ant Man' Paul Rudd at the ninth spot.
Jackie Chan, Adam Sandler and Will Smith also made it to the list.
Here's the Forbes list of the World's Top 10 Highest-Paid Actors Of 2019:
- Dwayne Johnson ($89.4 million)
- Chris Hemsworth ($76.4 million)
- Robert Downey Jr. ($66 million)
- Akshay Kumar ($65 million)
- Jackie Chan ($58 million)
- Bradley Cooper ($57 million)
- Adam Sandler ($57 million)
- Chris Evans ($43.5 million)
- Paul Rudd ($41 million)
- Will Smith ($35 million)