A UNICEF ambassador, Tendulkar engaged in a game of cricket with the Nepal women's team, visited the famous Pashupati Temple and met the Prime Minister of Nepal, KP Sharma Oli, during his stay here.
"Thank you for meeting me despite health issues @PM_Nepal Shri Oli ji, I wish you a speedy recovery. I feel touched by the love and warmth received in Nepal. Like the beautiful lamp you gifted - may there be brightness, happiness & prosperity all over the world. @unicef_nepal," Tendulkar tweeted.
Thank you for meeting me despite health issues @PM_Nepal Shri Oli ji, I wish you a speedy recovery. I feel touche… https://t.co/Fm2Af1mh88— Sachin Tendulkar (@sachin_rt) 1573995760000
Tendukar was appointed UNICEF's first brand ambassador for South Asia in November 2013 and his put his weight behind several issue including empowering girls through sports.
Beyond Cricket: Meet Sachin Tendulkar, The Entrepreneur
The Milestone Man
The God of cricket, Master Blaster for millions of people worldwide, Sachin Tendulkar is an icon. He has to his credit 18,426 runs in One-Day Inetrnational cricket and 15,921 runs in Test cricket. There is so much more to the legend other than just his fantastic on-field performance. Never one to lose sight of his goal, Tendulkar has been able to establish himself as a coveted brand and an entrepreneur. Considering Tendulkar’s illustrious career and multiple endorsements, his estimated net worth is around Rs 118 crores.
As the sporting legend turns a year older, here's a look at his entrepreneurial achievements.
- Paytm First Games ropes in Sachin Tendulkar as brand ambassador
- Sachin Tendulkar lends support to 560 children from economically weaker background
- Sachin Tendulkar celebrates Ganesh Chaturthi on a Zoom call; Taimur builds himself a Lego Ganesha
- A couple of ideas for that lockdown look, inspired by Sachin Tendulkar and Kapil Dev
- Sachin Tendulkar's security downgraded, Aaditya Thackeray's upgraded
- Those five minutes: When Sachin Tendulkar faces six deliveries