- Devdutt Pattanaik feels writing for children is challenging, says language needs simplification
The author recently released his 10th children's book, 'Vahanna: Gods and Their Favourite Animals'.
- This CEO read Orwell’s masterpieces during lockdown, feels they are still relevant in 2020
Though the book '1984' is over 70 years old, Anup Rau, Future Generali boss, says it’s still relevant.
- Recap: 'Diego Maradona's life is a Shakespearean story, filled with pride and pathos'
In this 2019 interview, British director Asif Kapadia recalled his interaction with the maverick footballer while filming 'Diego Maradona'.
- Reading, meditation help HopeQure CEO fine tune his goals & objectives
- Barack Obama's memoir 'A Promised Land' sells record 1.7 million copies in first week
Only Obama's wife Michelle approaches his popularity as a writer.
- Playful book about The Beatles wins major nonfiction literary award, cash prize worth $66,000
The award recognizes English-language books in current affairs, history, politics, etc.
- Alan Rickman's diaries with thoughts on acting, insights on friendships and politics to be published as a book
27 volumes of handwritten diaries, spanning more than 25 years of his life and career, will be edited down into a single book.
- Charles Yu's satirical 'Interior Chinatown', Malcolm X biography win National Book Awards
The poetry prize went to Don Mee Choi's 'DMZ Colony'.
- Barack Obama's memoir 'A Promised Land' off to a great start, almost 890K copies sold in first 24 hours
The first-day sales includes pre-orders, e-books and audio.
- Paulo Coelho's new book 'The Archer' aims to motivate readers to take risks, embrace the unexpected
- Megha Majumdar's 'A Burning', 'Deacon King Kong' by James McBride among Carnegie literary medal nominees
Ayad Akhtar's novel 'Homeland Elegies' also joined the fiction longlist.
- Barack Obama has a special place for India, says he spent childhood years listening to Ramayana & Mahabharata
Obama also said that his fascination with India largely revolved around Gandhi.
- Collins Dictionary picks 'lockdown' as Word of the Year, thanks to the pandemic
'Coronavirus', 'social distancing', 'self-isolate' and 'furlough' were included in the list.
- Jugal Hansraj writing his second book for kids, will be out next year
'The Coward and the Sword' will be published by HarperCollins India.
BACK TO TOP