Designer Krsnaa Mehta's fashion essentials: A Rolex, custom-made colognes, Polo classics
The designer dishes out fashion advice - from the essentials to outfit ideas for any (every) occasion.
Every man’s wardrobe must have the following items:
• Black — including shirts and trousers. There must be Polo and Lacoste classics, and also Gucci fashion.
• There should be a balanced mix of both sneakers and informal shoes.
• Opt for custom-made colognes. Some Dior, some Diptyque would work nicely.
• A classic leather bag. One can never really go wrong with it.
• Ensure you always have a Rolex and a Panerai watch in your watch closet.
One thing that will always work is a black outfit…obviously. Another tip is to combine light and dark shades. Synchronise the colours of your belts, shoes and watches for formal occasions, but ensure you aren’t overly formal. Life is too short for that.
Some shoes are always in style. These include shoes by Gucci and Balenciaga. They work for anytime, any place.
More than fashion
If you’re looking to invest in an accessory, I would say invest in a watch; choose a brand like Audemars Piguet.
My number one tip: Don’t forget your sunglasses. Also, when you’re travelling, you should always ensure you have a nice sexy tote or duffell bag on your person: Balenciaga or Louis Vuitton work very well.
Chunky shapes and over-sized glasses are a go-to. When it comes to prints, it’s leaf and animal prints all the way.
Issey Miyake is one of the designers I admire the most. I love his revolutionary designs and ideas, specially his pleating technique.
Complete this statement
You make a style statement when… wealth whistles
One piece of style advice
WHAT TO WEAR AT A
Something comfortable; perhaps an all-black T-shirt and cargo combination.
Brunch with pals
Light coloured T-shirt and chinos.
Black T-shirt, denims, sexy Kenzo jacket, and metallic Fendi shoes.