She was rushed to hospital around 1.30am after she complained of breathlessness. Later in the day, she was shifted to the ICU and had to be put on life-support, sources said. "She is suffering from pneumonia along with left ventricular failure. She continues to be critical, but there has been some improvement in her condition over the last few hours," said internal medicine physician, Dr Pratit Samdani.
Doctors said that the left ventricle supplies most of the heart's pumping power and is essential for normal functioning. "In this condition, the left side of the heart has to work harder to pump the same amount of blood," said a doctor.
Breach Candy Hospital authorities declined to elaborate on her condition citing patient confidentiality. Mangeshkar's family maintained that her condition was stable and she was on the road to recovery. Her sister Usha said the singer should be discharged soon.
Celebs Who've Fought Serious Illnesses And Inspired Us To Stay Strong
Wiser & Stronger
If you felt like tearing up after having seen Sonali Bendre's Instagram post on Tuesday where she quotes Chilean author Isabel Allende on staying strong, and chops off her tresses, you are not alone. Many, including her compatriots from the industry and well-wishers, have been feeling emotional and wished her a speedy recovery. But the 44-year-old actress is not the only one who has managed to stay strong in the face of adversity. Over the past decade, a few others have shown amazing courage and grace while battling medical conditions in real life, and proving to be a source of source of inspiration for their fans.
From Salman Khan to Yuvraj Singh, and Irrfan Khan, we stay inspired by some extraordinary stories of hope and strength.
Read More News on
- Lata Mangeshkar's building gets sealed, singer and family safe
- India's nightingale turns 91; PM Modi, Shankar Mahadevan wish 'Queen of Melody' Lata Mangeshkar on her birthday
- Lata Mangeshkar disturbed by SP Balasubramaniam's demise; Salman Khan, AR Rahman pen heartfelt tributes
- Lata Mangeshkar thanks chef Vikas Khanna for donating 1,000 PPE kits to her family hospital
- After 3 weeks of hospitalisation, family says Lata Mangeshkar is 'doing good'
- Lata Mangeshkar still in ICU but doing 'much better', confirms singer's niece
1 Comment on this Story
Rajkishore Hota347 days ago
Lata Mangeshkar was admitted to beach candy hospital for breathless that was diagnosed as pneumonia and left heart failure,is critical and with the support of ventilator.