During a live interaction with Cameron Bailey, artistic director and co-head of Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF), the 38-year-old actress called for the need to push women into powerful roles.
During the Insta Live, she said that it's the 'only way to be able to get to the place that we want to be'.
Chopra stressed that people need to recognise that women are a part of the world and need to be representated in every industry. "Feminism needs men," she emphasised.
Chopra also mentioned that she took a page out of the lives of a lot of women like Reese Witherspoon, Mindy Kaling, Kerry Washington, among other, who have been creating their own content. She further said that women are a large part of the entertainment industry.
Speaking about the role of women, the actress also aced her new lockdown-look.
The 'Fashion' star on Saturday decided to flaunt her new look during the live interaction.
The actress shared a glimpse of her new haircut on Instagram with chopped haircut and bangs.
Her caption read, "New hair, don't care".
New hair, don’t care. https://t.co/kaxVvu3J7n— PRIYANKA (@priyankachopra) 1599870625000
Chopra's new look has got a thumbs up from industry colleagues and fans.
Chopra recently announced she has finished writing her memoir, "Unfinished", and is all set to release the book. Currently living in the US with husband, pop star Nick Jonas, she is all set to make her digital debut with "The White Tiger", co-starring RajKummar Rao.
Cannes: Desi Girls Deepika, Priyanka Give Major Fashion Goals; Kangana Goes Royal
Lights, Camera, Action!
Like every year, the red carpet at 72nd Cannes Film Festival has seen a line-up of A-list celebrities like Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Kangana Ranaut, Nina Khan, Selena Gomez, among others.
The stars have set the red carpet on fire with their chic looks and hypnotic personalities.
Here's a look at all the A-listers who added glamour to the 10-day event.
Read More News on
- Priyanka Chopra's memoir 'Unfinished' to hit the stands on January 19
- Priyanka Chopra-Jonas says it was important to not show the chinks in her armour; 'Unfinished' is an 'in-between interviews' version of her life
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas joins Kate Winslet as narrator for HBO Max's 'A World of Calm'
- Rest in power, Ruth Bader Ginsburg: Priyanka Chopra, Mark Ruffalo, Kareena Kapoor pay homage to the icon
- Danish actor Roland Moller joins Priyanka Chopra Jonas-starrer Amazon series 'Citadel'
- Priyanka Chopra has completed writing her memoir, says every word a reflection into her life