- Rhea Chakraborty requests Amit Shah to initiate CBI probe into Sushant Singh Rajput's death; says she has been receiving threats
- ‘You made me believe in love.’ A month on, Ankita Lokhande & Rhea Chakraborty share heartfelt Insta posts in Sushant S Rajput’s memory
- Sushant S Rajput’s father says actor was contemplating marriage next year; wasn’t aware of relationship with Rhea Chakraborty
- Mumbai Police grills Rhea Chakraborty for 9 hrs, actress admits she fought with Sushant S Rajput
The location of the two accused is yet to be traced, the official said, adding that the investigation in the case is at primary stage.
Chakraborty on Thursday requested the cyber crime cell to look into the rape and murder threats she has been receiving ever since the death of close friend, actor Sushant Singh Rajput.
Rajput, 34, was found dead in his apartment in suburban Bandra here on June 14, leaving people in the film industry and audiences shocked.
View this post on Instagram
Respected @amitshahofficial sir , I’m sushant Singh Rajputs girlfriend Rhea chakraborty, it is now over a month since his sudden demise . I have complete faith in the government , however in the interest of justice , I request you with folded hands to initiate a CBI enquiry into this matter . I only want to understand what pressures prompted Sushant to take this step. Yours sincerely Rhea Chakraborty #satyamevajayate
Chakraborty, in particular, was subjected to online hate with users blaming her for Rajput's suicide.
"No arrest has been made so far. We are conducting an investigation in the case," he added.
On Thursday, sharing a screenshot of a hate message she received on Instagram, Chakraborty said while she had ignored many abusive texts sent to her in the past month, the harassment was now unbearable.
View this post on Instagram
I was called a gold digger ..I kept quiet I was called a murderer ....I kept quiet I was slut shamed ....I kept quiet But how does my silence give you the right to tell me that you will get me RAPED and MURDERED if I don’t commit suicide @mannu_raaut ? Do you realize the seriousness of what you have said? These are crimes, and by law no one, I repeat NO ONE should be subjected to this kind of toxicity and harassment . I request @cyber_crime_helpline @cybercrimeindia to please take necessary action . ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
The 28-year-old actor eventually disabled the comments section of her Instagram page.
Chakraborty, known for films such as "Mere Dad Ki Maruti" and "Jalebi", had tagged the cyber cell and requested the authorities to look into the threats.
On June 18, she was called to the Bandra police station to record her statement in connection with Rajput's death.
Rhea Chakraborty breaks silence on Sushant Singh Rajput death, says his absence caused "irreparable numbness"
Read More News on
- Drug case against Rhea Chakraborty: Backbone of evidence can still be contested
- Rhea Chakraborty arrested by NCB, remanded to 14-day judicial custody
- Sushant death: Rhea Chakraborty at NCB office for 3rd day of questioning
- Rhea Chakraborty urges CBI to act against neighbour for giving 'false' statements to the media
- Bihar DGP who taunted Rhea Chakraborty's 'aukat' retires, may contest polls
- Rhea Chakraborty judicial custody extended, to be in jail till October 6, says Mumbai court