- Study shows that scans used to diagnose stroke may also be used to identify Covid-19
According to the study, the scans captured images of the lungs with a fluffiness.
- World Alzheimer's Day: Poor sleep hygiene can hurt brain health; taking up hobbies, exercising daily may help
Factors like late life depression can also contribute to onset of Alzheimer's.
- Indians must take a leaf out of UK's anti-obesity drive: Experts believe cycling can make people fit
Covid has restricted people's movements and curtailed fitness regimens.
- New rapid Covid test, called STOPCovid, with improved sensitivity developed, claims research
- Coronavirus, bacteria together can lead to severity in some Covid patients
The body's own microbiota may also be influential in the progression of lung diseases.
- There are different types of coronavirus tests available. Here's how they work
Genetic, antigen and antibody tests are the 3 types that used to determine Covid diagnosis.
- Scientists believe coronavirus will become seasonal like flu, but the time hasn't come yet
The factors governing seasonality of Covid cannot halt the spread in the summer months.
- Prone position that's used to save severe Covid patients can cause permanent nerve damage
The nerve damage is a result of reduced blood flow and inflammation.
- Cigarette butts 'not toxic to humans, environment' says CSIR-IITR study, cites lower chemical levels as reason
Burnt and unburnt butts of 10 cigarette brands and beedi brands were used in the study.
- A study shows speaking softly scatters fewer coronavirus particles
- Should a doctor's prescription be mandatory for Covid-19 test? Experts say symptoms should suffice
Labs have ramped up facilities in order to meet the increased demands.
- Plasma therapy may be safe, effective for children with life-threatening Covid infection
The study involved four patients with acute respiratory distress syndrome.
- Having almonds instead of regular snacks helps improve heart function, keeps cardiac trouble at bay
HRV is an important indicator of the cardiovascular system's response to stress.
- Chadwick Boseman's death sparks conversation about colon cancer. Know causes, treatment of disease
The 'C' word has taken the world by storm.
BACK TO TOP