Power of love: Hrithik says dad Rakesh Roshan is 'up and about' after surgery
The actor took to Twitter to share a picture of the family with the director.
- Fashion, fitness & tech: Hrithik Roshan has a finger in the start-up pie with HRX, Cure.Fit
- Hrithik Roshan turns 45; Sussanne Khan wishes her 'soulmate and BFF' on Instagram
- Surgery done, Rakesh Roshan says 'all is okay'; director will be back home by weekend
- Manisha Koirala, who has battled cancer, prays for Rakesh Roshan; says director will overcome condition
- PM Modi wishes Rakesh Roshan speedy recovery in tweet to Hrithik; B-town prays
Hrithik shared a health update on his father as he spent time with the 69-year-old in a hospital here on his birthday.
On Thursday, Hrithik tweeted a photograph of himself and his father along with the family members.
Rakesh, who underwent surgery after he was diagnosed with early stage of squamous cell carcinoma on January 8, was seen with a Ryles tube.
"And he's up and about. Power of love! Thank you all for being with him and helping him power through. Today was a great day," Hrithik captioned the image.
And he’s up and about Power of love! Thank you all for being with him and helping him power through. Today was a… https://t.co/CzvlnbZIcs— Hrithik Roshan (@iHrithik) 1547133642000
The news that Rakesh was diagnosed with early stage of squamous cell carcinoma, a type of skin cancer, was revealed by Hrithik earlier this week. It drew a lot of supportive messages for the senior Roshan from fans and the film fraternity.
The family has a cancer survivor in Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik's sister, who had been diagnosed with cervical cancer.