'Kabir Singh' magic continues: Shahid Kapoor-starrer closes at Rs 134 cr during first week
On day 5, the film crossed the Rs 100 crore mark.
- Minting money: Shahid Kapoor-starrer 'Kabir Singh' crosses Rs 70 cr in opening weekend
- CBFC member slams 'Kabir Singh' on Twitter, calls it a 'terribly misogynistic' film
- 'Kabir Singh', Shahid Kapoor's first solo film to cross Rs 100-cr mark, is a box-office blockbuster
- Are Ranveer Singh, Kabir Khan planning to shoot ''83' climax at Lord's after WC?
- A proud Ishaan Khattar hails brother Shahid's performance in 'Kabir Singh', calls the actor a 'shining example'
Trade analyst Taran Adarsh took to Twitter to share the box office numbers. He wrote, "Kabir Singh gets a big thumbs up from moviegoers... Week 1 biz is nothing short of magical biz at multiplexes and single screens, metros and mass belt, every circuit is phenomenal... Has amassed massive numbers PAN India, which is a rarity these days."
#KabirSingh gets a big thumbs up from moviegoers... Week 1 biz is nothing short of magical... Biz at multiplexes an… https://t.co/4WM3UXCMuh— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) 1561702656000
#KabirSingh versus the biggies... Week 1... 2019 releases: ⭐️ #Bharat: ₹ 180.05 cr [extended; 9 days] ⭐️… https://t.co/jYKXA1RD9n— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) 1561702767000
On its opening day, 'Kabir Singh' raked in Rs 20.21 crore and went on to mint Rs 70 crore during the weekend. On day 5, it crossed the Rs 100 crore mark.
The scene-by-scene remake of 'Arjun Reddy' is the story of a short-tempered surgeon who goes becomes a self-destructive drug addict when the love of his life is forced to marry another man.