Mangeshkar, 90, was admitted to the Breach Candy Hospital here after she complained of difficulty in breathing in the early hours of Monday.
"She is showing some signs of improvement but it will take time for her to recover. She has pneumonia and chest infection. Any person suffering from it takes time to recover from it," a hospital insider told .
In her over seven-decade career, Mangeshkar has sung over 30,000 songs across languages.
She is considered one of the greatest playback singers in Indian cinema. She received the Bharat Ratna, India's highest civilian honour, in 2001.
Mangeshkar's last full Hindi album was for the late filmmaker Yash Chopra-directed 2004 film "Veer-Zaara".
Celebs Who've Fought Serious Illnesses And Inspired Us To Stay Strong
Wiser & Stronger
If you felt like tearing up after having seen Sonali Bendre's Instagram post on Tuesday where she quotes Chilean author Isabel Allende on staying strong, and chops off her tresses, you are not alone. Many, including her compatriots from the industry and well-wishers, have been feeling emotional and wished her a speedy recovery. But the 44-year-old actress is not the only one who has managed to stay strong in the face of adversity. Over the past decade, a few others have shown amazing courage and grace while battling medical conditions in real life, and proving to be a source of source of inspiration for their fans.
From Salman Khan to Yuvraj Singh, and Irrfan Khan, we stay inspired by some extraordinary stories of hope and strength.
Read More News on
- Lata Mangeshkar's building gets sealed, singer and family safe
- Lata Mangeshkar thanks chef Vikas Khanna for donating 1,000 PPE kits to her family hospital
- After 3 weeks of hospitalisation, family says Lata Mangeshkar is 'doing good'
- Lata Mangeshkar still in ICU but doing 'much better', confirms singer's niece
- Lata Mangeshkar's health critical, but improving; singer still on ventilator
- Dilip Kumar 'overjoyed' to hear Lata Mangeshkar is back home, asks her to 'take good care'
1 Comment on this Story
Sonti Svln Sastry310 days ago
praying for fast recovery