- Doctors say Lata Mangeshkar ‘critical and on ventilator’, her family maintains she's stable
- Lata Mangeshkar being treated at Breach Candy; sister Usha says singer is 'stable', will be discharged tomorrow
- Twitter pro Lata Mangeshkar makes Instagram debut, garners around 53K followers
- A gift for my sister: Lata Mangeshkar unveils Hindi translation of memoir penned by singer Meena Khadikar
"She is critical but improving. She is still in the ICU and on ventilator. It will take some time for her to recover," a hospital insider told . He added that Dr Patit Samdhani is treating her.
However, the music icon's PR team reiterated that Mangeshkar was "stable".
"Lata ji is stable and much better. Thank you very much for your prayers. We are awaiting her to be at her best so she can be home soon. Thank you for being with us and respecting our privacy," a statement from the team read.
In her seven-decade career, Mangeshkar has sung over 30,000 songs across languages. She is considered one of the greatest playback singers in Indian cinema and received the Bharat Ratna, India's highest civilian honour, in 2001.
Her last full Hindi album was for the late filmmaker Yash Chopra-directed 2004 film "Veer Zaara".
Celebs Who've Fought Serious Illnesses And Inspired Us To Stay Strong
Wiser & Stronger
If you felt like tearing up after having seen Sonali Bendre's Instagram post on Tuesday where she quotes Chilean author Isabel Allende on staying strong, and chops off her tresses, you are not alone. Many, including her compatriots from the industry and well-wishers, have been feeling emotional and wished her a speedy recovery. But the 44-year-old actress is not the only one who has managed to stay strong in the face of adversity. Over the past decade, a few others have shown amazing courage and grace while battling medical conditions in real life, and proving to be a source of source of inspiration for their fans.
From Salman Khan to Yuvraj Singh, and Irrfan Khan, we stay inspired by some extraordinary stories of hope and strength.
Read More News on
- Lata Mangeshkar's building gets sealed, singer and family safe
- India's nightingale turns 91; PM Modi, Shankar Mahadevan wish 'Queen of Melody' Lata Mangeshkar on her birthday
- Lata Mangeshkar disturbed by SP Balasubramaniam's demise; Salman Khan, AR Rahman pen heartfelt tributes
- Lata Mangeshkar thanks chef Vikas Khanna for donating 1,000 PPE kits to her family hospital
- After 3 weeks of hospitalisation, family says Lata Mangeshkar is 'doing good'
- Lata Mangeshkar still in ICU but doing 'much better', confirms singer's niece