Rajinikanth, Kamal Haasan invited for PM Modi's swearing-in ceremony
The ceremony will be held at the Rashtrapati Bhawan at 7 pm on Thursday.
- Kamal Haasan's post-poll plan: To host Tamil 'Bigg Boss'
- Vivek Oberoi slams Kamal Haasan's 'first terrorist was Hindu' comment: Let's not divide India
- Rishi Kapoor has high hopes from PM Modi, Jaitley, Irani; wants them to make healthcare, education free in India
- Shah Rukh Khan congratulates PM Modi, asks Indians to work with election winners
- LVB boss, Religare Health Ins MD wishlist for Modi 2.0: Robust fintech, accessible healthcare
According to a Times Now report, actors-turned-politicians Kamal Haasan and Rajinikanth are among the first guests to have received the invitations. Both the Tamil superstars forayed into politics this season, with Haasan's political party, Makkal Needhi Maiam, contesting in the recent Tamil Nadu Assembly bypolls.
There have also been speculations about several world leaders being in attendance when Modi is sworn-in for a second consecutive term as PM, however there has been no official confirmation. Modi's 2014 swearing-in ceremony was attended by SAARC leaders, including the then-Prime Minister of Pakistan Nawaz Sharif.
President Ram Nath Kovind will administer the oath of office and secrecy to the Prime Minister and other members of the Union Council of Ministers.