Ratan Tata's words that inspired Yash Kotak: Take decisions, then make them right
The Tata Sons' Chairman Emeritus recently shared that he was an accidental startup investor.
- At Worli vintage rally, Ratan Tata couldn't take his eyes off a Rolls Royce Phantom II Continental 1935
- Couple name their newborn baby Ratan Tata out of gratitude
- All for furry friends: Ratan Tata dedicates part of Bombay House 2.0 to stray dogs
- Yash Kotak emulates Elon Musk's knack of using innovations to make this world a better place
- A game of football helps Yash Kotak de-stress, bond with the team
Earlier in the week during an interview, Ratan Tata, Chairman Emeritus of Tata Sons shared that he began startup investment by accident. After retiring, he said that he "made small token investments" from his pocket "in what he considered to be exciting companies."
One of these companies was the Bombay Hemp Company.
Yash Kotak, one of the co-founders of BOHECO told ET Panache, "People like Mr. Tata don’t just build businesses, they build legacies. He had once said, 'I don’t believe in taking the right decisions. I take decisions then make them right.' This statement has quite an ironic representation of what we’ve tried to do with BOHECO."
Kotak went on to share that at the very onset, he and his co-founders faced backlash from near and dear ones. "This was because we were venturing into an uncharted business that has a stigma attached to it. It was our belief that lead us to go ahead with it and prove the critics wrong. We took the decision and pursued it hard enough to make it the right one and here we stand as India’s premier industrial hemp and medical cannabis company and with individuals such as Mr. Tata backing us has only made this ride worth it," he said.