Rita Ora's Cannes jewellery worth $4 mn was 'forgotten' on flight before reaching her
The courier person forgot her cabin luggage with the jewels while leaving her plane at Nice airport.
- This Indian director's three-minute film bags an award in Nespresso Talents section at Cannes
- Why India can't be at Cannes
- A walking inspiration: Hina Khan has a fangirl moment with Priyanka Chopra Jonas in Cannes
- Cannes: Taiwanese actress who made film on industry abuse was 'slapped 30 times' during early career
- Cannes done, Priyanka Chopra heads to Ethiopia; bonds with refugee kids over traditional dance
The Kosovo-born star was loaned the gems by a luxury brand when she walked the red carpet at the festival last week.
But a courier send from London with the jewellery forgot her cabin luggage and her coat when leaving her plane at Nice Airport.
By the time she realised her mistake, the aircraft had already taken off on the return journey to London Luton.
"Someone with their head in the clouds nearly lost several million," a police sourced joked, saying the jewellery was recovered at Luton and send back to Nice via London Heathrow.
Ora, 28, later appeared at a party in Cannes in a striking diamond necklace and a white bustier dress.