Steven Tsuchida, who has helmed episodes for "Dear White People", "Younger" and "On My Block", will direct the movie from a script by Dana Schmalenberg and Rheeqrheeq Chainey.
The story is about an aspiring pop star, Erica who ends up as the entertainment at her ex-fiance's wedding after reluctantly taking a gig at a luxurious island resort while in the wake of a music career meltdown.
She tries to keep their past relationship a secret from his bride-to-be Beverly, but Erica rediscovers her feelings for her ex, Jason, despite his brother Caleb's attempts to keep them from falling back in love.
Keys will produce the movie through her AK Worldwide alongside Maggie Malina for The Malina Yarn Company, and Jeremy Kipp Walker for Story Ink.
The singer had previously served as a producer on Netflix movie "Work It".
The Wait Just Got Longer! 'Laal Singh Chaddha', 'Avatar' & These Films Will Release Only Ne...
The Corona Effect
Gone are the days when going to the multiplex and ordering a bucket of the extra butter popcorn with diet cola was a weekly affair. The ongoing coronavirus pandemic has completely changed our social lives.
Film production houses are trying to read people's minds, and are shuffling the release of their big-banner movie dates. Some producers are hoping to see people make it to the theatres by early 2021, and the rest have made up their minds, after all, about a digital release.
The pandemic continues to impact an ever-changing theatrical release calendar. Here's your updated calendar of what's releasing when.
Read More News on
- 'Diana' to bypass Broadway and drop on Netflix
- Setback for Netflix, SC refuses to entertain plea in 'Bad Boy Billionaires' case; Sahara files criminal complaint against Netflix
- Blackpink documentary set for Netflix premier on October 14
- Netflix says it does not agree with Chinese author's views on Uighur Muslims
- Netflix, Amazon Prime are latest weapons in India’s telecom war
- Netflix opposes Mehul Choksi's appeal seeking preview of 'Bad Boy Billionaires'