Fondly known to Bollywood as 'masterji', Khan was the creative force behind some of the most iconic dance moves in the industry.
Joining the many stars remembering the legend was Shah Rukh Khan, who recalled the three-time National Award winner as his 'first genuine teacher in the film industry'.
SRK went on to reveal that it was Khan who taught him 'how to do the ‘dip’ for film dancing'.
The 'Zero' star posted an emotional tribute on Twitter, describing Khan as 'one of the most caring, loving & inspiring persona' he ever met, and thanked her for looking after him.
My first genuine teacher in the film industry. She taught me for hours how to do the ‘dip’ for film dancing. One of… https://t.co/ctFkqTIx53— Shah Rukh Khan (@iamsrk) 1593767222000
Thank you #SarojKhan Ma'am For The Iconic Signature Pose that Made Millions of People fall in Love With SRK. Bollyw… https://t.co/7iJowTUQGQ— Team Shah Rukh Khan Pune 🇮🇳 (@teamsrkpune) 1593748472000
The 71-year-old choreographer was laid to rest at a cemetery in suburban Malad, Mumbai.
- Choreographer Saroj Khan laid to rest, prayer meet scheduled for next week
- Madhuri Dixit ‘devastated’ by Saroj Khan’s demise; Farah Khan thanks her for being an inspiration
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 71 due to cardiac arrest; Big B, Akshay Kumar pay tribute
- Choreographer Saroj Khan hospitalised after complaining of breathing difficulty, tests negative for Covid
- No #MeToo here! Saroj Khan says casting couch provides livelihood, is a girl's choice