The North Remembers: Smriti Irani marks Amethi win with 'GOT' reference
The BJP leader took Congress bastion Amethi from Rahul Gandhi in a historic win.
- NDA 2.0: Gopichand Hinduja says responsibility on Modi to speed up economic reforms
- LS Polls: Dharmendra celebrates son, wife's win; Shekhar Kapur, Juhi Chawla congratulate Modi
- NDA 2.0: Infosys co-founder Kris Gopalakrishnan wants more investment in research, support for startups
- Smriti Irani takes Gandhi bastion; Sunny wins by margin of 82K; Gambhir scores in political debut by over 3.9L votes
- LS Polls: Ekta Kapoor & son rooting for Smriti; Harsh Goenka says 'unfinished agendas will get continuity'
The BJP leader shared a picture from the recently-concluded hit HBO series saying, "The North Remembers".
On Twitter, she quoted a line by famous Hindi poet Dushyant Kumar, to celebrate the landmark moment, "Kaun kehta hai aasmaan mein suraakh nahin ho sakta."
कौन कहता है आसमां में सुराख नहीं हो सकता ...— Smriti Z Irani (@smritiirani) 1558615121000
The nail-biting battle between the Congress chief and the 43-year-old former actress had previously also led to Twitterati bringing out their best meme game.
Dear @priyankagandhi here are few suitable answers to your question ‘Smriti Irani Who?’ -MP from Amethi -Nightmare… https://t.co/xeh6Wd7Q9v— Bhaiyyaji (@bhaiyyajispeaks) 1558617126000
Rahul gandhi :- hame kitni seats aayi hai Modi ji :- #ElectionResults2019 https://t.co/6PSE2kbBn8— सफर™` (@LUVguru19_) 1558587862000
Smriti Irani is the Arya Stark of this Election 2019 :) #ElectionResults2019— Gabbbar (@GabbbarSingh) 1558614987000
Smriti Irani looking for some competition from Rahual Gandhi. #LokSabhaElections2019 #Amethi https://t.co/TGRc6VF6pp— Arah (@catfishforsure1) 1558590291000
Also Read: Lok Sabha results: Smriti Irani ahead of RaGa in Amethi, and Twitter can't handle it
This, however, isn't Irani's first reference to the show. Earlier, she had compared Jon Snow returning from the dead to her co-star Mihir in 'Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi'.
Gandhi, who won in Wayanad, had congratulated Irani for her victory while accepting responsibility for the Congress's poor show, in a press conference.