- After Mariah Carey, actor Adam Sandler's Twitter account hacked
- This malware that can hack into FB & Twitter, post fake reviews on shopping websites
- Struggling to enable keyboard trackpad cursor movement in iOS 13? Try Jack Dorsey’s simple hack
- Jack Dorsey's account being hacked perturbed Twitterati, but not Donald Trump
A Twitter spokesperson said in an emailed statement that the accounts were hacked through a third-party platform.
"As soon as we were made aware of the issue, we locked the compromised accounts and are working closely with our partners at Facebook to restore them," the Twitter spokesperson said.
Separately, Facebook also confirmed that some of its official social media accounts were hacked on Friday.
"Some of our corporate social accounts were briefly hacked but we have secured and restored access," Facebook spokesman Joe Osborne said.
The account of Twitter Inc Chief Executive Jack Dorsey was hacked in August, allowing an unauthorised person to send public tweets including racial slurs and curse words to his 4 million followers before Twitter secured the account.
Facebook, Twitter Instagram: Tips & Tricks To Keep Social Media Private
It seems counter intuitive – after all, social media helps you share your opinions and speak to a larger audience. But thanks to rampant identity theft and online stalking, there is a solid argument to be made to target your social posts instead of keeping them public. Karan Bajaj shows you how.
- I have two PPF accounts. What is the maximum tax benefit I can claim on both accounts?
- How to open an NPS account using eNPS
- How to check SBI savings account balance
- Telecom ministry accounts officers seek merger with Indian Audit and Account Services
- How to reactivate an NPS account
- Punjab and Sind Bank reports account of IL&FS Financial Services (IFIN) as fraud account to RBI