When the future was on the table at 'The Game of Thrones'
'The Game of Thrones' crew could not see it, but the audience was not so dim.
- Kit Harington reveals his favourite episode from 'Game of Thrones' season 8
- 'Game of Thrones' episode leaks online again, teases second death of a major character
- 'Game of Thrones' sets new Guinness World Record for most in-demand TV premiere
- 'Game of Thrones' is back, and so are phishing scams: Here's how to avoid them
- 'Game of Thrones' craze takes over the world: Season 8 premiere draws 17.4 mn viewers in US, gets over 5 mn tweets
It goes without saying, though, that a castle that has just fended off the White Walkers may not be in a position to rustle up java for a victorious Khaleesi. But with so many delivery options available, there is no reason why a Flat White latte cannot reach Winterfell even if the delivery person has to dodge the detritus of destroyed wights on the way there. But it should not arrive in a distinctive Starbucks cup complete with a stark white plastic cap when the rest are quaffing wine in pewter goblets.
News from Winterfell. The latte that appeared in the episode was a mistake. #Daenerys had ordered an herbal tea. https://t.co/ypowxGgQRl— Game of Thrones (@GameOfThrones) 1557175650000
Given that the episodes telecast so far in the final series of Game of Thrones (GoT) have been conspicuously bereft of light, maybe it was thought a stray time-travelling cup would merge into the general gloom.
If the container missed the eagle eyes of its own production crew, the chances of fans catching on were, well, dim. Clearly, the collective scanning powers of GoT junkies are keener than the Three-Eyed Raven’s.
@GameOfThrones https://t.co/TxtD3VOQ4g— John L. (@J1tten) 1557175674000
Of course, this discovery will result in all future re-runs of the episode becoming a Spot-the-Cup game instead.
As that means good (and, possibly, unintended) publicity for Starbucks, will it come up with a commemorative cuppa now? A Grande Flat Wight to go, or a piping hot Venti Dracarys would do nicely.