Hi there, this is Saloni Goel from ETMarkets.com, and welcome to our special weekend podcast.
India's primary market has been buzzing over the past few weeks with back-to-back issues, robust response from investors and solid listing gains. The recently-concluded Ujjivan Small Finance Bank’s public offer saw a whopping 166 times subscription. Prior to that, issues of CSB Bank and IRCTC also saw good response from the market.
Going by market buzz, around 10 IPOs worth Rs 15,000 crore are queuing up to hit the capital market soon. They include issues of SBI Cards, Burger King India, Puranik Builders and Home First Finance Company, among others .
We have with us Arun Kejriwal, CEO at KRIS Research & Advisory, to share his insights on how to tread the waters in IPO market.
Hi Sir, welcome to the show.
1) We have seen strong investor interest is some of the recent IPOs. Should that be seen as revival of the IPO mart?
2) We have a strong pipeline for IPOs. Do you think the successes will encourage more companies to hit the market in the months ahead?
3) The IPO euphoria is generally seen when the secondary market is close to the bubble territory. Do you think we are in such a phase?
4) What would be your advice to investors looking to invest in IPOs?
5) What is your take on the secondary market? In which sectors do you see value among midcaps and smallcaps?