The Economic Times
English EditionEnglish Editionहिन्दी
| E-Paper

    Rakesh Jhunjhunwala buys stake in this Tata firm after a 5X rally


    Data for the December quarter shows Rekha Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, wife of the Big Bull, owns 32,00,687 shares, or 1.12 per cent, in the Tata firm.

    ET Bureau
    Ace investor Rakesh Jhunjhunwala has bought stake in yet another Tata stock.
    NEW DELHI: Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, famous for picking multibaggers, has bought a stake in Tata Communications that has seen a massive 430 per cent rally from the 52-week lows of March 2020.

    Data for the December quarter shows Rekha Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, wife of the Big Bull, owns 32,00,687 shares, or 1.12 per cent, in the company. It could not be ascertained if she earlier held any shares of the firm as companies are required to publish names of shareholders only if their individual holdings are above 1 per cent.

    Shares of Tata Communications, however, traded down 2.27 per cent at Rs 1038.45 amid subdued market conditions.

    Mutual funds also raised their stake in the company during the quarter, although marginally. They now hold 0.41 per cent in the company, against 0.38 percent stake at the end of September.

    Foreign portfolio investors (FPIs), who have been binging on Indian equities throughout the quarter, raised their stake to 17.65 per cent from 17.56 per cent. Similarly, HNIs also raised stake by 3 percentage points to 2.76 per cent.

    On the other hand, retail investors have booked some profits in the scrip as their stake came down to 2.25 per cent from 2.32 per cent. Insurance companies also trimmed their stake to 0.95 per cent from 1.05 per cent.

    Public investors hold 25.01 per cent in the midcap communication services provider. The remaining 74.99 per cent is held by promoters.
    Join the 4th edition of ETMarkets Global Summit 2021 from 20-22 January and brainstorm with thought leaders of the financial world. Click here to register now!

    Download The Economic Times News App to get Daily Market Updates & Live Business News.

    5 Comments on this Story

    Pankaj Sharma6 days ago
    When I make profit from. market, it's my smart decession, if it goes otherwise, SEBI, Government, financial journalist be blamed.
    The investers tendency is not much different from the agitating farmers, blaming Ambani and Adani and damaging towers of Jio. Investers being educated do not go to damage, but blames will be there.
    Chk Links7 days ago
    Always there exist stocks that can turn your 1 lakh to 1 crore, it is investors who fail to identify them.
    An avid admirer of Raamdeo Agrawal is giving his 10x and 100x ideas on his twitter handle: @niftygranmaster using fundamentals and technical research work and backtested learning of 20 years.
    Get the identified stock names on his twitter handle: @niftygranmaster. Interesting part is that all his hard work is absolutely free on this twitter handle. He is not charging anything- neither explicitly nor in any hidden manner. His twitter handle has more than 2500 followers.
    Chandra Shekhar10 days ago
    अगर पूछ दिया जाए की शेयर खरीदते समय कितना कैश बैंकों से दिया गया था या केवल चेक दिया गया था इस पर जांच करना चाहिए कि वास्तव में ट्रांजैक्शन हुआ था कि कागज धरने को बोला गया था यानी शेयर सर्टिफिकेट रखने के लिए दिया गया था मुझे तरह तरह का अंदेशा होता है ₹50 का शेयर 500 में शेयर बाजार में इस पर मुझे डाउट है और डाउट के लिए इंक्वायरी करने की ताकत होनी चाहिए
    The Economic Times