Shares of Burnpur Cement (up 4.35 per cent), India Cements (up 3.72 per cent), Kakatiya Cements Sugar & Industries (up 3.18 per cent), Deccan Cements (up 3.05 per cent) and Sagar Cements (up 1.70 per cent) were among the top gainers.
Andhra Cements (down 3.85 per cent), NCL Industries (down 1.85 per cent), Orient Cement Ltd (down 1.82 per cent), Gujarat Sidhee Cement (down 1.45 per cent), J K Cements (down 0.96 per cent) were among the top losers.
The NSE Nifty50 index was trading 54.75 points up at 11,643.1, while the 30-share BSE Sensex was up 210.48 points at 39,174.32 at around 12:13 pm.
Eicher Motors (up 3.20 per cent), HCL Technologies (up 2.79 per cent), Titan Company (up 2.31 per cent), Tech Mahindra (up 2.26 per cent) and State Bank of India (up 2.16 per cent) were among the top gainers in the Nifty pack.
On the other hand, Adani Ports & Special Economic Zone (down 5.29 per cent), Zee Entertainment Enterprises (down 2.20 per cent), Hindustan Unilever (down 1.32 per cent), Oil And Natural Gas Corporation (down 1.32 per cent) and Grasim Industries (down 1.28 per cent) were trading in the red.
Download The Economic Times News App to get Daily Market Updates & Live Business News.
- Stock market news: JK Cement shares slip nearly 2%
- Stock market news: Ambuja Cements shares down nearly 2%
- UltraTech Cement shares up ahead of Q2 results
- India Cements shares jump 6% in early trade
- India Cements shares rally 10% on news of Damani takeover
- Trending stocks: Heidelberg Cement shares rise nearly 3%