The Economic Times
English EditionEnglish Editionहिन्दी
| E-Paper
Search
+

    Best mutual funds to invest Rs 1 lakh per month

    Synopsis

    If you have any mutual fund queries, message on ET Mutual Funds on Facebook. We will get it answered by our panel of experts.

    iStock
    I want to invest Rs 1 lakh per month in mutual funds. Please tell me the best fund?

    - Rajkumar Agarwal

    The best mutual fund in the market may not be the best one for you. The best fund for you would depend on your goal, investment horizon, and risk profile. The best performing fund may not match your investment objective. So, please stop looking for the best mutual fund and start looking for the best scheme that meet your investment objective.

    You have only spoken about how much you are planning to invest every month. You have not mentioned your goal (what are you investing this money for) or your investment horizon (how long you are going to invest or stay invested). These factors are extremely important. For example, if you have a very short horizon, you may be asked to invest in short term debt mutual funds. Similarly, if you have a long-term goal, you may be asked to invest in equity mutual funds. However, it is extremely important to choose a mutual fund category that matches your risk profile.

    Things You should consider
    • Annualized Return
      for : %
    • Suggested Investment
      Horizon:
    • Time taken to double
      money: N.A
    For example, if you are an extremely conservative investor, you should stick to debt mutual funds. Even within debt mutual funds, you should choose an appropriate short term mutual fund. Similarly, if you are ready to invest in stocks but do not want to take too much risk and volatility, you should stick to large cap mutual funds. If you have a very large risk appetite and ability to face volatility, you may consider investing in mid cap and small cap schemes.

    You should seek the help of a mutual fund advisor. A reliable advisor may be able to offer you personalised advice after obtaining your personal and financial details.

    (If you have any mutual fund queries, message us on ET Mutual Funds on Facebook. We will get it answered by our panel of experts.)
    Download The Economic Times News App to get Daily Market Updates & Live Business News.

    Also Read

    8 Comments on this Story

    Nagarajan Lakshminarayanan28 days ago
    What is said is 100% correct. All advisors advice the one which give you lot of commission. Take your own decision. Read. Lot of articles written
    . Value research online, you can browse and read. They give you ratings, suggestions. Look at the portfolio. All schemes say majority whatever be the same will have hdfc bank, icicibank, bajajaj finance, titan, hdfc, TCS, Infosys, hul, Colgate ,maruti mainly in top 10. They form 60% of the portfolio by many of mutual funds in almost all schemes. Remaining say 40% or so makes different, some put in Midcap, large cap, nowadays many pharma getting interest. So see portfolio keep on investing your extra money for say ten years. Then see. You may get at least 9 to 10% return. With tax adjustment. But definitely good. But minimum 10 years or more. Withdraw think only after ten years. The more you stay you get more returns. Invest only extra money. Start early age. You can enjoy your money say from your age of 50 .if not you cannot enjoy.
    Sankara Narayanan28 days ago
    No one will give you a clear answer ans they will keep spinning yarn... I would ask a more direct question like... I want to invest 1 crore now in one shot for 3 years and I can accept high volatility and risk. WEALTH MAXIMIZATION is my only Goal.. Please advise me Top 3 or 5 funds...
    I am 100% sure even for the above direct question, they will spin yarn..
    The fact is these guys do know better than you and I....
    So stop listening and asking them..
    Usually, which AMC gives maximum commission, they will recommend you that..
    I gave ICICI full freedom and invested 1 Cr for last 3 years.. I followed all their recommendations...They confirm that they my account is one of their highest profitable account.. But I lost nearly 10 lacs in 3 years following their advise.... mind you I held my investment for more than 3 years..Also I followed the Systematic Investment Plan all thru 3 years and with Bulk Investment.. Still I lost more than 10 lacs...
    Its best to do it ourselves directly in Equity market....we stand a better chance to earn good returns
    ..regards- sankara narayanan
    28 days ago
    There is nothing like best MFs ...... If your investment goal is 20 years , invest in any index fund which has 100 companies .Example , Axis 100 nifty ( check correct name) and its peer funds from ICICI , SBI , FT etc . INVEST 20000 PER MONTH ....AFTER THAT REST AND ENGAGE IN YOUR DAILY ROUTINE .....
    ALSO YOU SHOULD BE IN 30-40 AGE BRACKET
    The Economic Times