BSE:526299 | NSE:MPHASISEQ | 58888:bfl | IND:IT Consulting & Software - Mid Cap | ISIN code:INE356A01018 | SECT:IT Software
The Company History page lists out the major events in chronological order for MphasiS Ltd.
|Company History - MphasiS Ltd.|
- The Company was incorporated on 10th August, and was promoted by Mr. Shreeniwas Bangur, Shreekant Bangur, Suraj Ratan Rathi, Partha Sarathi, Dutta Roy and Dr. V. K. Rungta.
- The Company undertook to set up a 100% EOU for software. The Company also placed orders with Software technology park, Dept. of Electronics, Bangalore to provide a dedicated satellite link of 64 K BPS for the usage.
- 700 No. of equity share of Rs 10 each issued, subscribed and paid-up. 60,00,000 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each were then issued at par in July, of which 15,00,000 shares reserved and allotted to Indian directors, their friends and relatives. Of the remaining 4,50,000 shares offered to Indian Mutual Funds (None were taken up). Balance 40,50,000 shares issued to the public along with 4,50,000 shares not taken up by Indian Mutual Funds.
- The Company installed additional workstations and infrastructure with the view to expanding the business. It was proposed to set up Company's own Private Software Technology Part' by acquiring land and buildings and additional workstation server and latest communication facilities. The Company undertook to open more offices in Europe and SA.
- The number of projects under execution were more than 100 and were classified under six technology focus groups viz. System software, client server technology, networking technology, tandem technology, reengineering group and emerging technologies.
- The Company obtained the ISO 9001-1994 certrification in March from BVQ U.K.
- To provide high quality support to its customers, the Company was reorganised into six independent Business Units (IBUS). They are Compaq Development Center, Tandem solution, Applications, Systems and Networking, Products and Y2K.
- BFL Software (BFL), which develops software in India's Silicon Valley - Bangalore - Joined the big league after it signed a long-term software development agreement with the US-based Compaq Corp.
- BFL Software Ltd, a Bangur Foundation group company, has put on hold plans to set up an integrated software township near Bangalore.
- The Bangalore-based BFL Software Limited (BFLSL) has set up a dedicated software development centre for the US-based Lanier Worldwide, specialising in medical documentation management.
- The Bangalore-based BFL Software Ltd (BFLSL) has entered into a strategic alliance with two US-based companies in an effort to tap the international market.
- Baring India Investments Ltd (BIIL) has finally entered into an agreement with the promoters of BFL Software Ltd (BFL) on March 26 for acquisition of about 25 per cent paid up capital.
- The international investment bank had entered into an agreement with BFL Software on March 26, for acquiring 15,04,800 shares (amounting to about 25.15 per cent of the company's equity).
- BFL Software plans to enter into an agreement with National Securities Depository Ltd (NSDL) to enable its investors to dematerialise securities.
- BFL Software Ltd, now controlled by Baring India Investments Ltd, is setting up a subsidiary in Singapore close on the heels of launching one in the US.
- The company has set up a subsidiary in the United States recently and started a consulting practice to offer higher margin services whose impact in financial performance will be reflected only next year.
- The Bangalore-based BFL Software Ltd, in an effort to expand its operations, is setting up a Japanese development centre and an advanced centre of excellence in the US.
- The Bangalore-based BFL Software Limited is going to introduce the employee stock option plan (ESOP) which will come into effect from April, 1999 and would reduce the lock-in period for these shares awarded to employees from the usual five years to three years. - The Company has set up new intiatives in Enterprise Recource Planning and E-Commerce Embedded Systems and Suppy Chain Management while continuing its focus on Systems Software Networking and Telecommunications, Healthcare and Retail industry.
- 3,333,333 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each (prem. of Rs 65 per share) allotted to Baring India Investments Ltd., a Mauritius - based Company.
- BFL has set up an Advanced Centre of Excellence for profiling value-added consulting services.
- BFL Software's first product is to be launched in the international market by the end of 1999. This will be a healthcare product that essentially is a resource scheduling package for hospitals and clinics.
- BFL Software recently signed an agreement with NetCommunications, a subsidiary of Netcard Corporation Berhard of Malaysia, to jointly develop and market netKIOS globally.
- The company is setting up eight marketing offices worldwide.
- MPhasiS will become a wholly-owned subsidiary of BFL.
- BFL plans to launch its healthcare software called `Opera' in the US market in the current quarter.
- The Company has changed its name to Mphasis BFL and reorganised its operations.
- The Company's Emerging Markets Growth Fund Inc., California regarding acquisition of 534000 shares of the company aggregating to 5.72% of the outstanding shares.
- The Company will issue ADR/ADS, on June 6th, Strategic investments in subsidiaries/joint ventures.
- Mr. Richard Braddock and Prof. Jose de la Torre was appointed as Additional Director of the company.
- Holdings Ltd has acquired 65,00,000 shares of BFL Software Ltd. aggregating 41.02 per cent.
- Mr. Rahul Bhasin, Chairman resigned on July 14. Mr. K. Sridharan, was appointed as Director.
- Mphasis, a software architecture, integration and implementation company, has tied up with BEA System to build financial solutions on the BEA E-Commerce Transaction Plantform aimed at exploiting the Indian and also global financial sector.
- Idea2solutions (I2s), an incubator focused on healthcare-technology start-ups has formed an alliance with Mphasis, a global software architecture, integration and implementation company.
-Mphasis provider of software and system integration Technology has appointed Mr Ravi Ramu as Director- strategic initiatives. Mr Ramu's considerable experience and expertise would reinforce Mphasis strong management team globally, Its chairman and CEO, Mr Jerry Rao said.
-Jerry Rao Chairman-Mphasis BFL appointed to Nasscom's Executive Council.
-Mphasis BFL has informed the Exchange that MsourcE has announced that its Bangalore operations have been certified by KPMG Quality Registrar for ISO 9001:2000
-Mr. O Venkata Ravi has been appointed as the CS and compliance Officer of Mphasis BFL Ltd.
-Mphasis appointed Saloman Smith Barney(SSB), the investment banking arm of citigroup with a mandate to explore for potential investors in the country.
-Mphasis has signed a agreement for the acquisition of Navion (Shanghai) software development company Ltd.
-MsourcE corporation, a subsidiar of Mphasis BFL has entered into a partnership to provide the complete gamut of customer care services to the US Women's Chamber of Commerce(USWCC).
-MsourcE Coporation, subsidiary of Mphasis BFL Ltd and Accenture have agreed to work together in India to offer their client world class call centre BPO services.
-MsourcE Corporation has opened its new Spanish language call centre operation in Tijuana, Mexico.
-MsourcE Corporation has become the first contact centre in the country to be awarded the BS-7799-2:2002 certification.
-Mr G N Sarma has been appointed as Company Secretary & Compliance Officer of Mphasis BFL in place of Mr O Venkata Ravi.
-Mphasis BFL Limited has informed that the BOD at its meeting held on January 08, 2004 has appointed Mr. Nawzhir Mirza as Additional Director of the Company till the conclusion of the next AGM.
-Mphasis BFL securities delisted from Bangalore Stock Exchange
-Mphasis achieves SEI-CMMI Level 5 Accreditation
-MphasiS BFL secures top slot in credit rating amidst 400 major cos during '02-03
-Mphasis BFL wins SecureSynergy Security Strategist 2005 Award
-Mphasis to acquire Princeton Consulting
-Mphasis BFL sets up BPO facility in Noida
-Mphasis enters Healthcare Insurance & Payments BPO market with acquisition of Eldorado Computing Inc
-MphasiS has given the Bonus in the Ratio of 1:1
-Mphasis BFL equity shareholders approve Scheme of Amalgamation
-Mphasis BFL Ltd has informed that the name of Company stands changed to "Mphasis Ltd" with effect from November 24, 2006. The changed name has been approved by the Registrar of Companies, Karnataka.
-Company has changed its name from Mphasis BFL Ltd. to MphasiS Ltd. 2007
- Mphasis Limited has informed that "Ms. Vinita Bali has been appointed as Additional Director on the Board of the Company".
- Mphasis Ltd has informed that Ms. Vinita Bali has been appointed as Additional Director on the Board of the Company.
-Mphasis Ltd has appointed Mr. Thomas Erhardt as an Additional Director on the Board of the Company effective August 20, 2007.
-Mphasis Ltd has appointed Mr. Micheal Koehier as an Additional Director on the Board of the Company.
-Registered Office of the Company has been shifted From 139/1, Hosur Road, Koramangala, Bangalore To Bagmane Technology Park, Byrasandra, C V Raman Nagar, Bangalore
- Mphasis Ltd has informed that the Board of Directors of the Company, by way of resolution passed by circulation, has approved the appointment of Mr. Jim Bridges as Additional Director on the Board of the Company effective February 18, 2008.
- Mphasis Ltd has appointed Mr. Anthony Glasby and Mr. Andreas Mattes as Additional Directors on the Board of the Company effective October 08, 2008.
-MphasiS changes its branding identity to MphasiS an HP Company
--MphasiS ranked No.68 in Business Today 500 - India's Most Valuable Companies, and ranked no. 7 in the 'Top 10 Software Companies' category
-MphasiS' application for HDFC Standard Life Wins the CIO "The Ingenious 100 - 2009 Award"
-MphasiS in Nasscom Top IT Firms Ranking
-MphasiS rated No. 18 among Dataquest Top 20 BPO Companies
-MphasiS in Global Services 100 survey 2009
-MphasiS breaks into Dataquest Top 20 Ranking
-MphasiS featured in 'The 2008 Global Outsourcing 100'
-Silicon India rates MphasiS No. 5 in siTech20: India Index
-MphasiS awarded second place : ICAI Award for Excellence in Financial Reporting
-MphasiS ranked No. 32 among the Top 100 companies in FinTech
-MphasiS honored with the NDTV Profit Business Leadership Awards, 2010 for Diversity and Inclusion
-MphasiS Ranked 6th in the Top 20 IT Software and Service exporters in India (excluding BPO revenues) and 7th in the Top 20 IT-BPO employers in India
-MphasiS ranked # 17 in the 'DataQuest(DQ) Top 20' and 9th in the 'DQ Top 20 Exports'. Also, MphasiS BPO ranked 20 in the DQ Top 20: BPO special list
-MphasiS ranked No. 17 in DQ Top 20 survey and No. 9 in the Top 20 Exports Companies
-MphasiS one of the five fastest growing companies by DQ Top 20 Survey for 2009 - '10
-MphasiS Gets Two Awards for Successful Cooperation with UPC
-MphasiS ranked No. 23 by Bloomberg Business Week's 'The Tech 100'
-MphasiS ranked No. 165 amongst the FORTUNE 500 companies in India and No. 7 in the INFOTECH segment
-Mphasian Ashwin Karthik wins the 13th NCPEDP - Shell Helen Keller Award 2011
-Ganesh Ayyar, CEO MphasiS has won the Asia's Viewers Choice Award in the 10th CNBC Asia Business Leader Awards 2011
-MphasiS awarded NASSCOM Corporate Awards for Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion
-Waste Wise Business Recyclathon Award 2011
-MphasiS ranked No. 23 among the Top 100 companies in FinTech 100 for the year 2011
-Mr. Antonio Fabio Neri and Mr. Ravichandran Venkataraman have been appointed as Additional Directors on the Board of the Company.
-"Mphasis expands presence in North America region-opens near shore centre in Canada".
-MphasiS wins TISS CLO Global Learning & Development Team of the Year 2012
2013 - MphasiS Ltd has completed the acquisition of Digital Risk LLC, a corporate headquartered in Florida, USA. -MphasiS has been awarded the Best eLearning Adopter and Best Front Line Manager Training by World HRD Congress. -MphasiS, an HP company, has been awarded the Disability Matters Award 2013 in the Marketplace Category organised by Springboard Consulting LLC. -Mphasis, a global IT services leader, has announced that it has been named in the Leader category of the 2014 IAOP Global Outsourcing 100 Awards service providers list. -MphasiS has been awarded the "Best Effort Towards Environment, Health & Safety EHS" Award 2013 at the "FM Zone India Leadership Awards". -The Registered office of the company has shifted from old address to Bagmane World Technology Center, Marathalli Ring Road,Doddanakundhi Village,Mahadevapura, Bangalore-560 048
2014 -The Company intending partner, AppCrown New York USA, announced its proposed partnership with Mphasis. -Mphasis entered into strategic partnership with Delta Power Solutions for innovations in ATM. -Mphasis as launched new corporate brand including a vibrant new logo that reflects the company successful evolution into a highly differentiated, customer-centric. -Mphasis, a global IT services leader, has announced that it has been named in the Leader category of the 2014 IAOP Global Outsourcing 100 Awards service providers list. -Mphasis wins Silver Medal in the APAC Large Outsourced Contact Center Catergory of the Best Contact Center Awards 2014.
2015 -Mphasis partners with The/Nudge Foundation to provide Life Skills training to the underprivileged -Mphasis wins the 'Most Distinguished Digital Company of the Year Award' at the Economic Times Best Tech Brands Awards 2015 -Knowledge@Wharton and Mphasis Partner to Present 'Fast Forward: Executive Strategies for Personal Digital Transformation' Event for the C-Suite -Knowledge@Wharton and Mphasis Partner to Discover 'Executive Strategies for Personal Digital Transformation -Mphasis and IIIT- B partner to support incubation of social enterprises -Celebrating 'Freedom from barriers', Railways Minister gives away 6th NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards -Mphasis Launches HyperGraf, its First Big Data Analytics Solution -Hyper Geeks create HyperGraf -Mphasis Launches Digital Customer Experience Management Solutions -Mphasis collaborates with Aureus Analytics to provide Big Data Analytics Solutions
2016 - Mphasis announces the launch of DigiOps driven by ‘InfraGenieTM’, a revolutionary intelligent automation platform.
2017 -Coverage Report Mphasis expands footprint in western Europe; launches digital capabilities in France. -Mphasis' top trends in Cognitive Intelligence in 2018. -AVTAR Group Names Mphasis as One of the Top companies for Women to Work. -Mphasis wins the Excellence in Omni-Experience Award at IDC. -Uber in Partnership with Mphasis launches uberACCESS and uberASSIST in India. -Mphasis 'DeepInsights' Wins AIconics Best Application of AI in Financial Services. -Mphasis wins the "2017 Asia Edition Dream Companies to work for" Award in IT and Software category at World HRD Congress. -Mphasis Wins the 'Imagination' Category at the 2017 ISG Paragon Awards Europe. -Mphasis partners with Digital Empowerment Foundation (DEF) to spearhead Digital Transformation of India’s rural masses.
Date Sources:Live BSE and NSE Quotes Service: TickerPlant | Corporate Data, F&O Data & Historical price volume data: Dion Global Solutions Ltd.
BSE Quotes and Sensex are real-time and licensed from the Bombay Stock Exchange. NSE Quotes and Nifty are also real time and licenced from National Stock Exchange. All times stamps are reflecting IST (Indian Standard Time).
Copyright © 2019 Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd. All rights reserved. For reprint rights: Times Syndication Service