Union home minister Rajnath Singh expressed anguish and conveyed his condolences over the killings.
- Needed SIT to probe Naxal attack on Congress leaders: Bhupesh Baghel
- The scandal that failed to keep Chhattisgarh's Bhupesh Baghel down
- Bhupesh Baghel takes oath as the chief minister of Chhattisgarh
- Chhattisgarh CM' Bhupesh Baghel swearing-in venue changed due to rain
- Congress’s caste math ahead of 2019 polls worked for Bhupesh Baghel
- Bhupesh Baghel: The man who helped Congress rise like a Phoenix in Chhattisgarh
- Bhupesh Baghel is new chief minister of Chhattisgarh
Bhupesh Baghel, Congress party chief of Chhattisgarh, has been appointed the new chief minister of the state.
- Rahul holds hectic parleys with top Cong leaders to select next Chhattisgarh CM
This is the third round of discussion that the Congress chief is holding before selecting the chief minister for Chhattisgarh
- Chhattisgarh CM to be named today
TS Baba from the erstwhile royal family of Sarguja, and PCC president Bhupesh Baghel, elected from Patan and OBC leader, are front runners.
- PL Punia in spotlight after Congress win in Chhattisgarh
However, this time, Congress won 8 out of 11 seats and the BJP couldn’t win any SC seat. Two seats were won by the BSP and one seat went to Ajit Jogi’s Janta Congress.
- Poll debacle hits Raman Singh more than his counterparts
The Congress won 68 seats, BJP 15, and the Jogi-Mayawati alliance managed 7 in the 90-constituency assembly of the tribal dominated state of Chhattisgarh.
- Verdict shows Congress can win without Ajit Jogi: TS Baba
It is a pro-Congress verdict. Rahulji led from the front and fixed responsibilities and this translated into this kind of a verdict, said Deo.
- Congress managed to win over OBCs in Chhattisgarh
Eight Kurmis also got tickets. One of the biggest decisions was giving one ticket to an OBC from Kewat-Malha sub-caste, so far absolutely unrepresented, in Gunderdehi.
- Congress has reason to thank Team Jogi
Ajit Jogi said, “I am happy that a two-year-old regional party and its alliance partners have registered an impressive win. The outcome shows that a regional party is now developing as a third alternative.”
- From prison to top post? Chhattisgarh CM front-runner is Baghel
When Baghel took over, Congress was still reeling from the shock of losing nearly its entire frontline leadership in the Jhiram Ghati Maoist massacre of May 2013.
- Chhattisgarh elections: Congress ends 15-year drought with 68 seats, BJP gets 15
Congress insiders also said they were not anticipating this kind of one-sided verdict against BJP, though they had an inkling they would outperform the latter.
- Congress storms to power in Chhattisgarh
Till about 9 pm in the night, the Election Commision officials told ET that they had got results just for 25 seats only and Congress had won 23 of them.
- Chhattisgarh polls: 'Swayamvar' underway for CM post; Singhdeo, Sahu, Baghel, and Mahant in fray
The process to select the chosen one seems to be underway and a decision could be announced as early as Wednesday about who would be the next chief minister.
- Raman Singh: Doling out rice and mobiles, he saw 'entertainment' in Rahul Gandhi's loan-waiver promise
Singh again led his party to victory in 2008 and 2013 and earned the distinction of being the longest-serving BJP CM since the party was formed in 1980.
- We were not expecting such a big blessing from people: Congress' Chhattisgarh chief
The Congress was leading in 62 seats, well above the magic figure of 46, while the ruling BJP was a distant second at 13 in the 90-member assembly, according to the Election Commission website.
- Chhattisgarh polls: BJP leaders concede defeat
The BJP leaders have privately conceded that they have lost the Chhattisgarh electoral battle after being in power for three consecutive terms.
- Ajit Jogi dents BJP, not Congress in Chhattisgarh
The fine print of Chhattisgarh Assembly election results indicates former chief minister Ajit Jogi’s party’s maiden election has dented BJP’s prospects and not his parent party’s voteshare.
- No 4th time for Raman Singh, Congress set to return in Chhattisgarh after 15 years
Fighting to get a fourth term, Raman Singh contested the elections on the back of good governance and development in the state.
- Chhattisgarh polls: Raman Singh leads, five ministers trail
The five Brijmohan Agrawal (Raipur City South), Kedar Kashyap (Narayanpur constituency), Mahesh Gagda (Bijapur), Dayaldas Baghel (Nawagarh) and Amar Agrawal (Bilaspur) - are trailing, as per trends in the state Assembly polls.
- Happy that BJP is losing in Chhattisgarh: Ajit Jogi
The Janta Congress Chhattisgarh (J) president told reporters that the people of the state wanted to oust the Raman Singh-led government, which has been in office for 15 years.
- The names Congress may pick to lead Chhattisgarh
Congress is set for its first major electoral victory in Chhattisgarh since Rahul Gandhi took over the reins of the party from his mother.
- Rahul Gandhi emerges as The Leader in Congress in the early trends of assembly results
This result will strengthen Rahul’s position within the party as well as he will emerge as a centre point of opposition unity.
- Chhattisgarh exit polls divided, most give slight edge to Congress
Chhattisgarh voted in two phases this time - 18 seats on Nov 12 , and the remaining 72 on Nov 20.
- Chhattisgarh Elections: Congress may spring a surprise after 15 years of BJP rule
Polling for 90 seats in Chhattisgarh took place in two phases. In Chhattisgarh politics, development always takes centrestage.
- Women power in voter queues in Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh
Political parties had left much to be desired while giving tickets to women, with the Congress giving just 12% of its tickets in MP to women, and BJP fielding just 10% women candidates in the state.
- Do Chhattisgarh paddy farms hold a clue to poll harvest?
Market sources say farmers are banking on the Congress promise to raise MSP to Rs 2,500 per quintal if they are voted to power.
- 76.35 per cent voting in Chhattisgarh Assembly polls
The final figures, released by the EC on Wednesday, showed that the polling percentage in the two phases varied by 0.04 per cent.
- Chhattisgarh polls live updates: 25.2% votes casted till 12 noon
This is the last of the two-phase polls to the 90-member assembly in Chhattisgarh where the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has been in power for the last 15 years.
- Chhattisgarh polls: PM Modi asks voters to exercise their franchise
In a tweet, Prime Minister Narendra Modi requested voters of the state to participate in large numbers in 'the festival of democracy'.
- Chhattisgarh Polls: 72 per cent voting recorded till 6 pm
EVM malfunctioning was reported from several booths across Dhamtari, Jashpur, Raipur, Ambikapur and Korba.
- Chopper snag takes Rajnath Singh close to locals
Earlier, Rajnath Singh addressed a rally saying that he had the responsibility of the party’s entire election campaign in Chhattisgarh in 2003, when the BJP came to power in the state for the first time.
- Polls in 72 seats today: CM Raman Singh fights Congress’s promises
BJP holds 43 of the 72 seats going to polls on Tuesday, and should be able to hold on to its position in the state’s 90-member assembly if it can repeat its performance of 2013.
- Chhattisgarh election second phase Tuesday, security heightened
The fate of 9 ministers, assembly speaker and some prominent BJP and Congress leaders will be decided in the polls.
- After 25 yrs, Congress leader Charan Mahant takes a shot at being MLA Again
Mahant was the surprise choice of the Congress for the Sakti seat, in his home district of Janjgir-Champa, this time as part of the party’s strategy to field prominent faces.
- Chhattisgarh election: Campaigning for final phase of polling ends
Polling will be held across 72 seats in 19 districts on November 20. In the first phase, polling was held for 18 seats in the eight Naxal-affected districts of the state on November 12.
- Sitaram Kesri, a Dalit, wasn't allowed to complete term as Cong chief: PM Modi in Chhattisgarh rally
In his nearly 45-minute speech, Modi dedicated most of his time attacking the Congress and the Nehru-Gandhi family and elaborated how his government, since 2014, has ushered in all-round development across the country.
- How will Chhattisgarh’s X-factor Ajit Jogi impact polls?
Mr Jogi, who was formerly a Congressman and the separate state’s first chief minister, is now the third force in Chhattisgarh.
- Chhattisgarh: BJP, Cong repose faith in royal scions in Surguja
Polls in the Surguja region spanning five districts will be held in the second and final phase of polls in the state on November 20.
- Literacy to per capita income, These 12 charts show how poll-bound states are faring
Three of the states are BJP-ruled. Chhattisgarh had its first phase of polling on November 12 and will have its second on November 20. MP and Mizoram will vote on November 28 and Telangana and Rajasthan on December 7.
- Chhattisgarh polls: Bilaspur division, with 24 seats, could hold key
Bilaspur division, located in the centre of the state, comprises five districts -- Bilaspur, Mungeli, Korba, Janjgir-Champa and Raigarh.
- Rahul Gandhi promises farm loan waiver in Chhattisgarh, says money will come from Ambani, Mallya
Addressing a poll rally in Koriya district, he alleged that the prime minister had waived loans worth Rs 3.5 lakh crore of a few rich people, but not those of the poor farmers.
- Will waive-off all Chhattisgarh farmers loans: Rahul Gandhi
Campaigning for the second phase of the polls here, Gandhi targeted Prime Minister Narendra Modi over crony capitalism and Chief Minister Raman Singh and his family for corruption.
- Chhattisgarh polls: Meet election commission’s real-life ‘Newtons’ who ensured voting in ‘maoist’ Bastar
Voting in the 18 Maoism affected seats in the first phase of elections rose to 76.28% from 75.93% in 2013.
- Patan witnesses triangular fight as BJP and Ajit Jogi stand strong
Bhagel this time, unlike in the 2013 elections, has the added responsibility of campaigning across the state since he is the state Congress president.