Tata International is headed by managing director, Noel N Tata who is also on the board of Tata Trust. Noel is the half brother of the chairman of Tata Trust, Ratan Tata.
The items being imported comprise Personal Protection Equipment kits (including coveralls, masks, gloves and goggles) N95/KN95 masks and Surgical masks of different grades. The supplies are being transported through Air India aircrafts officials said.
"The consignment, of about one crore individual units, will arrive in multiple batches and will be deployed where these are most needed across the country through the coming weeks. The total value committed so far to the sourcing of such materials is about Rs 150 crores" a Tata Trust statement said
The Trusts’ intervention follows the Chairman, Ratan N. Tata’s statement that “urgent emergency resources need to be deployed to cope with the needs of fighting the COVID 19 crisis, which is one of the toughest challenges the human race will face.”
Download The Economic Times News App to get Daily Market Updates & Live Business News.
- Tata Trusts reject Mistry's charges of 'interference','insider trading' in SC submission
- Larger ITAT bench to hear tax demand on Tata Trust today
- Tata Trusts commences pan India campaign to prevent spread of COVID-19
- Tata Trusts commits Rs 500 crore to fight coronavirus
- Ex-Citi India Boss Pramit Jhaveri tipped to board Tata Trusts
- Covid-19: Tata Trusts, Tata group ties up with two medical institutions to assist health care professionals
1 Comment on this Story
Jay Bharat189 days ago
India watch out. Small countries like Vietnam, SriLanka, Taiwan, Bangladesh, will eat India's Lunch in IT, Textiles, Auto, Services, etc if India becomes lax or overconfident.