Commenting on the same Ratan Tata, the chairman said, "The situation in India and across the world is of grave concern and needs immediate action. Tata Trusts and the Tata group’s companies have in the past risen to the needs of the nation. At this moment, the need of the hour is greater than any other time. In this exceptionally difficult period, I believe that urgent emergency resources need to be deployed to cope with the needs of fighting the COVID 19 crisis, which is one of the toughest challenges the human race will face."
Tata Trusts, Tata Sons and the Tata group companies are joined by committed local and global partners as well as the government to fight this crisis on a united public health collaboration platform which will strive to reach out to sections that are underprivileged and deprived, the statement said.
Read More News on
Download The Economic Times News App to get Daily Market Updates & Live Business News.
- Tata Trusts reject Mistry's charges of 'interference','insider trading' in SC submission
- Larger ITAT bench to hear tax demand on Tata Trust today
- Tata Trusts commences pan India campaign to prevent spread of COVID-19
- Tata Trusts commences airlifting of critical supplies through Tata International
- Ex-Citi India Boss Pramit Jhaveri tipped to board Tata Trusts
- Covid-19: Tata Trusts, Tata group ties up with two medical institutions to assist health care professionals
17 Comments on this Story
Narendra Agarwal210 days ago
Big Thanks to Tata Trust for this generous contribution for the relief from present calamity in our country.
Wish the Corporates whose Lakhs of Crores were written off by the Banking Industry, which is indirectly from the exchequer of the country, to come forward to contribute atleast 10% of the written down amount.
Wish those Corporates who purchased Electoral Bonds for thousands of crores to come forward to contribute atleast 10% of the amount of such Bonds, to donate for this cause.
Dindayal Maurya211 days ago
Well Done. Salute to TaTa for helping at this time of crisis. Pls don't give to PM fund as it will be utilized for purchasing MLA.
Praker 211 days ago