Ulhasnagar, Kalyan East and Andheri West reported less than 40% polling, while Panipat City and Karnal, the Haryana chief minister’s constituency, reported less than 50%. Meanwhile, polling was peaceful in the Maoist-infested Gadc...
Most polls have given nearly three-fourths majority to the ruling BJP-Shiv Sena combine in Maharashtra, and a similar margin to the BJP in Haryana. Incumbents Devendra Fadnavis and Manohar Lal are on course for second terms as chi...
According to the Election Commission, 65 per cent of the registered voters exercised their franchise by 6 pm, when polling closed. In the 2014 assembly elections, 76.54 per cent voters in Haryana had exercised their franchise.
The Mumbai suburban area, comprising 26 Assembly seats, recorded 5.64 per cent polling in the first two hours. Other urban areas like Pune, Nagpur, Nashik and Aurangabad reported a moderate response.
- Outgoing Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar rides cycle to polling station
- Assembly Elections: 37 per cent polling in Haryana by 2 p.m.
- Assembly polls: Rain may play spoiler in some parts of Maharashtra
- Voters wowed by Maharashtra all-women polling booth
- View: With little sign of opposition power, BJP is set to consolidate its position in Maharashtra and Haryana
- Facebook alerts people to vote on Maharashtra, Haryana poll day
- Maharashtra polls: It’s BJP vs Sharad Pawar, Shiv Sena and Congress play second fiddle