Under his leadership, BJP has become a behemoth in the most complicated political landscape in the world.
The Congress-led UDF won 19 of the state' 20 seats, reducing the CPI-M-led Left Democratic Front to one - against eight seats in 2014, while the BJP failed to open its account.
PM Modi has now virtually made Amit Shah the next most powerful minister by giving him home ministry.
Speaking to the media after taking charge of the ministry, Javadekar said the government not only recognises freedom of press, but cherishes it.
- View: Some straws in the wind from the new Cabinet
- Labour Minister Santosh Gangwar takes charge; to focus on reforms
- Narendra Singh Tomar's main challenge is to keep momentum in delivery of welfare schemes
- MoS Pratap Chandra Sarangi wants to bring Balasore on tourism map
- Amethi’s winner Smriti Irani gets two key portfolios in Modi Cabinet
- India's new Home Minister Amit Shah: In his own words
- Modi gives charge of Home Ministry to Amit Shah, Sitharaman gets Finance, Rajnath Defence