LOK SABHA ELECTION HEADLINES
Asked if he would campaign for the TMC in West Bengal for the Lok Sabha polls, Haasan said he will consider that.
Among other prominent leaders who filed their papers Monday are former prime minister H D Deve Gowda.
The development has led to speculation on the fate of Sukh Ram's son Anil Sharma, who is a cabinet minister in the BJP-led government in Himachal Pradesh.
The maximum number of election expenditure observers are drawn from the Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax), while others belong to the IRS (Indirect Taxes and Customs).
In the assembly elections, the Congress won 77 seats, improving its tally by 16 seats in the 182-member House.
- BJP will become Bharatiya Joker Party after polls: Abhishek Banerjee
- Tumakuru Lok Sabha seat may not be a cakewalk for Deve Gowda
- Rahul considering second seat reflects Congress's strength in UP: SP
- Sadhvi Pragya says willing to take on Digvijaya from Bhopal
- LS polls: On lookout for allies, INLD sends 'feelers' to BJP
- Congress' income guarantee promise to burst fiscal discipline: Rajiv Kumar
- AIUDF will not contest more than three seats in LS polls in Assam