General elections 2019: What are the voting timings?
To find out the polling hours for your constituency, you can go to the Election Commission website https://eci.gov.in/
- From 07:00 AM to 06:00 PM in general.
- From 07:00 AM to 05:00 PM in the North Eastern region.
- From 07:00 AM to 04:00 PM in Manipur & Nagaland.
- From 07:00 AM to 04:00 PM in some other constituencies.
The commission has also instructed the CEOs/DEOs to give wide publicity regarding the same in their states/districts.
Where do I go to cast my vote?
- Find out the name and address of your polling station from the Photo Voters slip issued to you by the Election Office.
- You can find this from the website of the Election Commission of India (www.eci.nic.in)
- Location of most of the polling stations has been plotted on maps.
- Click on the tab ‘Polling Station Maps’ on the ECI website.
- You would then see the names of the states/UTs for which maps of polling stations are available.
- Select your State/UT
- Select district, assembly constituency and polling station names from drop-down lists
- Click a button to see polling station location of the selected area on the map viewer on the page.
- Polling station location is seen as a pin dropped on the map for each polling station.
- On clicking on the pin, a balloon opens up showing the names and cell phone numbers of the Chief Electoral Officer, District Election Officer, Electoral Registration Officer, and Booth Level Officer
- There is also a link provided for electoral rolls. On clicking this link, electoral roll for that polling station opens up in PDF format and can be saved by the user on his computer.