Where can I get voting help online?
Answers to queries such as how to register, search name in voter's list, enroll as an NRI voter and FAQs are available on ECI website https://eci.gov.in/
Some of the queries include:
- Applying online for registration of new voter/due to shifting from another constituency
- Applying online for registration of overseas voter
- Deletion or objection in the electoral roll
- Correction of entries in the electoral roll
- Transposition within assembly constituency
- Application for issue of Replacement Elector's Photo Identity Card (EPIC)
Answers to queries such as how to register, search name in voter's list, enroll as an NRI voter and FAQs are available on ECI website https://eci.gov.in/.
Another portal called Systematic Voters’ Education and Electoral Participation program, http://ecisveep.nic.in/, also known as SVEEP, is a program by the Election Commission of India for voter education, voter awareness and voter literacy.
Since 2009, it has been working towards preparing India’s electors and equipping them with the required knowledge related to the electoral process. SVEEP’s main focus is to build a participative democracy in India by encouraging all eligible citizens to vote and make an informed decision during the elections.
Some of the information it provides on its portal is:
- How to register to vote
- Voter registration status
- Register online to vote
- Link to online Form 6 for general voters. This form is also for 'first-time voters' and 'voters who have shifted to another constituency'.
- Link to Form 6A for NRI voters
- Link to Form 7 for deletion or objection in electoral rolls
- Link to Form 8 for any change in name, photo, age, EPIC number, address, date of birth, age, name of relative, type of relation, gender, etc.
- Deadlines and key dates
- Voter list updation and Lok Sabha election schedule
- Election results
- Requirements for registering to vote
- How to register to vote offline