Most Read Business News
Last updated on 20 Sep,2020 07:21 PM Refresh
- Eye-watering problem: Agra-based optician's claim threatens to break the Indian banksThe 53-year-old optician's $13,500 debt risks destabilising India's banks. That is because a complaint he brought challenging the loan relief plan, grouped with those of other borrowers and now before the SC, could mean a $27 billion hit to lenders that could shake the nation's financial system, the industry and regulators fear.
- Sharbari Dutta found dead at Kolkata home, fashion industry mourns 'immortal' designerThe 63-year-old was found unconscious in the bathroom.
- CAMS IPO: Good, bad, ugly reviews from top brokeragesThe quota for retail investors in CAMS IPO has been fixed at 35 per cent of the net offer. QIB quota is fixed at 50 per cent and the NII quota at 15 per cent. There is reservation of up to 1,82,500 shares for employees.
- Indian single malt by John Distilleries named third best whisky in the worldThe English whisky writer releases his iconic whisky bible every year, which reveals 50 best variants across categories such as blended scotch, Japanese and European. Murray tastes over 4700 whiskies for his yearly edition, and in his ranking system, any whisky which scores in the 94-97.5 range is voted by him as “superstar whiskies.”
- China to draw up a list aimed at punishing firms deemed harmful to its interestsThe United States said on Friday it will ban WeChat and video-sharing app TikTok from U.S. stores starting on Sunday night, a move that will block Americans from downloading the Chinese-owned platforms over concerns they pose a national security threat.
- Arrested scribe Rajeev Sharma was passing info about India's border strategy to ChineseThe Delhi Police on Saturday said arrested freelance journalist Rajeev Sharma was passing sensitive information about India's border strategy and Army deployment to Chinese intelligence.
- Paytm fires back at Google for ‘violating competition rules’The trouble arose over a Paytm Cricket League contest unveiled on Friday morning, which allowed users to win stickers featuring their favorite cricket players and then win cash for every five stickers collected.
- Moderna, Pfizer blueprints revealed: Vaccine frontrunners bow to public pressure, abandon secrecyCompanies typically share these documents after their studies are complete. The disclosures while the trials are still underway, a rare move, are aimed at addressing growing suspicion among Americans that President Donald Trump’s drive to produce a vaccine before the election on Nov. 3 could result in a product that was unsafe.
- Chemcon IPO valuations, Covid update and analyst ratings: Should you subscribe?The issue would comprise of fresh issue of equity shares aggregating up to Rs 165 crore and an offer for sale of up to 45,00,000 equity shares, to be sold in the price range of Rs 338-Rs 340.
- Everything you need to know about the new agriculture bills passed in Lok SabhaMinister of Food Processing Industries and the only SAD representative in the Modi government, Harsimrat Kaur Badal, resigned from the Union Cabinet as well, protesting against the bills, which she says will destroy the agriculture sector in Punjab.