!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
Important highlights of the day:
- India touches 7 lakh Covid-19 tests in a day, nearly 500 tests were conducted per minute in last 24 hours.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh will launch ‘Atma Nirbhar Bharat Saptah’ at 3.30 pm tomorrow
- Death toll rises to 43 in Idukki landslide, Kerala after body of a 6-month-old baby was recovered.
- BSNL to enhance data speed in Andaman Nicobar by 10 times from Monday
- US hits five million COVID-19 cases: Johns Hopkins tally
Landslide affects traffic on Badrinath national highway
Owing to heavy rainfall, a landslide occurred at Uttarakhand's Lam Bagar in Chamoli district which affected traffic on the Badrinath national highway on Sunday.
Total COVID-19 cases in Himachal Pradesh rise to 3,371 including 1,149 active cases, 2,181 recoveries and 13 deaths: State Health Department
India touches 7L COVID-19 tests in a day, nearly 500 tests were conducted per minute in last 24 hours
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh will launch ‘Atma Nirbhar Bharat Saptah’ at 3.30 pm tomorrow
After rain, water level in Kalaburgi's Sonna Barrage in Karnataka rises to 405 m
3,934 more COVID-19 cases in Bihar
This takes the total positive cases in the state to 79,720, the state health department said on Sunday.
From tomorrow, we'll provide patient preferring to stay in home isolation a pulse oximeter& first-line supportive medicine completely free in Guwahati. We've also activated Tele Medicine service for them through 104, will expand it to other places soon.
- Himanta Biswa Sarma, Assam Health Minister
41 more COVID deaths pushes fatalities in UP to 2,069, with 4,571 infections total cases cross 1.22 lakh
DU online exams: Differently-abled students accuse university of being 'discriminatory'
Gehlot launches projects worth Rs 127.85 crore on World Tribal Day
Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Sunday inaugurated and laid foundation stones of 41 projects worth Rs 127.85 crore, with a view to promote development in tribal areas of the state.
Goa issues guidelines for Janmashtami and Ganesh Chaturthi
International donors pledge help for "credible and independent" investigation into Beirut explosion.
Max Verstappen wins 70th Anniversary Grand Prix, becomes first non-Mercedes driver to win race in 2020
Baaees mein bicycle: Akhilesh Yadav coins new slogan for 2022 UP assembly polls
- Two years ahead of the Uttar Pradesh assembly elections, Samajwadi Party chief Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday coined a new poll slogan “22 mein bicycle” (bicycle in 2022) and circulated it among his party leaders and workers.
- Read in Hindi as “baaees mein bicycle” meaning “bicycle in 2022”, the slogan was coined by Yadav on the anniversary of the 1942 August Kranti on Sunday. Bicycle is also the election symbol of Samajwadi Party.
WATCH: The Indian Armed Forces (Tri-Service) Band gave a musical performance at North Block.
868 new COVID:19 cases have been reported in Madhya Pradesh today.
Her tenure is coming to an end. There's proper procedure which CWC carries out. It'll be done in near future & you'll have a result. It's written in Congress Constitution, we're bound to do it & it's being done.
- Abhishek Singhvi, Congress on party's interim president Sonia Gandhi
Kerala: Death toll rises to 43 in Idukki landslide after body of a 6-month-old baby was recovered.
Flash floods in Kulan, Ganderbhal district, Jammu & Kashmir
National telemedicine service completes over 1.5 lakh consultations: Health Ministry
- The national telemedicine service which is operational on two government platforms has completed over 1.5 lakh teleconsultations.
- These services enabled patient-to-doctor consultations from the confines of their homes, as well as doctor-to-doctor deliberations.
- Of the total 1,58,000 teleconsultations offered across the country on the telemedicine service platforms of the health ministry so far, 67,000 were provided through 'eSanjeevani' at Ayushman Bharat Health and Wellness Centres and 91,000 patient-to-doctor consultations through 'eSanjeevaniOPD mode'
- The ministry said that presently, on an average around 5,000 consultations are provided daily through both the modes.
BSNL to enhance data speed in Andaman Nicobar by 10 times from Monday
- BSNL will start offering up to 10 times faster broadband speed at 100 mbps and up to 20 times more data download limit for its customers in Andaman and Nicobar Islands from Monday.
- The announcement from BSNL comes a day before the launch of 2,312 kilometre long Chennai-Andaman and Nicobar Islands (CANI) submarine optical fibre cable project by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- BSNL will enhance data speeds across all the plans between 2-10 times after the launch of the project without charging any extra amount from the customers.
European Union doubles Lebanon aid to 63 million euros
India proposes virtual talks for Indus Water Commission, Pakistan wants to meet at Attari border
India has proposed a virtual meeting with Pakistan to discuss the Indus Water Commission, in view of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, sources said on Sunday. Islamabad, however, say sources, remains adamant on holding physical talks at the Attari border.
3 days of heavy monsoon rains kill 50 people across Pakistan
102-year-old freedom fighter from Jammu gets President's honour
Punjab Singh (102), a resident of Kotli Bhagwan Singh village in R S Pura tehsil, was honoured with a shawl and angavastram to mark the independence day felicitation by the President, an official spokesman said.
Ecuador navy surveils large Chinese fishing fleet near Galapagos
Ecuador's navy is conducting surveillance of a large Chinese fishing fleet that is operating near the protected waters of the Galapagos Islands, amid concerns about the environmental impact of fishing in the area of the ecologically sensitive islands.
Cyprus opens sea, airports for international aid to Lebanon
Noida's COVID-19 tally nears 6,000; active cases rise to 929
Mahakal Temple, Ujjain, MP: After a 20-day ban amid the coronavirus outbreak, entry for devotees from outside MP will be allowed from Monday
1,211 new cases, 970 recoveries & 2 deaths reported in Kerala in the last 24 hours.
There are 12,347 active cases and 21,836 have recovered so far. The death toll stands at 108: KK Shailaja, Kerala Health Minister
Total COVID-19 cases in Himachal Pradesh rises to 3,334 including 2,128 patients cured and 13 deaths: Department of Health and Family Welfare, Himachal Pradesh
1,078 COVID-19 cases and 25 deaths reported in the last 24 hours in Gujarat.
The state tally rises to 71,064 including 14,272 active cases 54
US hits five million COVID-19 cases: Johns Hopkins tally
No sale of junk food within 50 metres of school campus: FSSAI
All 6 shutters of Pamba dam opened for 60 cm each. Expecting 40 cm rise in level of Pamba river: Kerala govt
507 new COVID-19 positive cases have been reported in Jammu and Kashmir today
129 from Jammu division and 378 from Kashmir. Total number of cases at 24897 including 7422 active cases, 17003 recoveries and 472 deaths: Govt of J&K
Supreme Leader of Iran, Ayatollah Sayyid Ali Khamenei has opened a Twitter account in Hindi.
10 patients killed in fire at COVID care facility in Amaravti, Andhra Praadesh
As many as 10 patients died at a star hotel converted to a coronavirus treatment centre here on Sunday when panic-stricken inmates tried to flee a fire suspected to have been caused by a short circuit.
Record jump of 506 COVID-19 cases in Goa on Sunday: Goa Health Minister Vishwajit Rane
Jammu and Kashmir: Pakistan violated ceasefire in Shahpur, Kirni & Krishna Ghati sectors of Poonch district at about 1750 hours, today. Indian Army is retaliating.
COVID-19: Indian Army gifts 10 ventilators to Nepali Army
- The Indian Army on Sunday gifted 10 ventilators to the Nepali Army to support its efforts to fight against the COVID-19 pandemic
- The ventilators are designed for a broad range of applications to include advanced invasive or non-invasive respiratory support.
- The Indian Army has a long record of extending support to the Nepali Army as a first responder for humanitarian assistance and relief.
Karnataka Health Minister B Sriramulu tests COVID-19 positive
Jammu and Kashmir: 3 villages along Line of Control connected to national elctricity grid, 73 years of wait for power over
Agriculture Infrastructure Fund to benefit farmers, create jobs, develop rural economy: Amit Shah
Telangana Congress celebrates 78th anniversary of Quit India Movement
Spokesperson, MEA on media queries:
Ex-gratia of Rs. 2 lakhs each from PM's National Relief Fund (PMNRF) would be given to the next of kin of those who have lost their lives due to fire at a COVID-19 centre in Vijayawada. Rs. 50,000 each would be given to those injured due to the fire: Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
PM to present new outline for a self-reliant India on Aug 15: Rajnath Singh
Total COVID-19 cases in Himachal Pradesh rises to 3,334 including 2,128 patients cured and 13 deaths
Uttarakhand: A landslide occurred at Badrinath national highway in Lam Bagar of Chamoli district
2 islands in Andaman & Nicobar selected for promoting high impact goods; Govt to put emphasis on sea, organic, coconut-based foods
- PM Modi
Karnataka Health Minister B Sriramulu tests positive for COVID-19
Andaman and Nicobar Islands will now face no problem in getting virtually connected to outside world
- PM Modi
Uttar Pradesh to soon have single-window clearance system for developers
The Uttar Pradesh state government has kickstarted the process of creating a single window clearance system for developers, a move that will significantly reduce real estate project costs in Uttar Pradesh.
In his address to nation on August 15, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will present outline for self-reliant India
- Rajnath Singh
Today, I announced import embargo on 101 defence items to boost indigenisation of defence production
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh
Big weapon systems will now be produced in India
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh
Major and tough decisions are being taken to promote self-reliance in defence production
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh
We prepared our SHGs and mahila mandals and we have distributed 7 crore face covers so far
- BJP president JP Nadda