!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
Wrap Up: News highlights of the day
- Govt bans 43 apps, says they are engaged in activities prejudicial to sovereignty, integrity of India.
- Tamil Nadu CM declares statewide public holiday tomorrow as Cyclone Nivar is expected to cross Tamil Nadu-Puducherry coasts.
- Maharashtra Cabinet decides to provide to farmers additional Rs 700/quintal for paddy.
- Oxford vaccine ‘70% effective’, may get India nod by year-end.
- Russia's two-shot Sputnik V vaccine to cost less than $20 per person.
- PM Modi urges CMs to work together against Covid.
Assam reports 157 new COVID-19 cases today.
Total cases in the State now at 2,11,839 including 2,07,646 recoveries, 3,214 active cases, and 976 deaths.
Cyclone Nivar: IndiGo flights have been disrupted
Due to Cyclone Nivar, IndiGo flights to or from in the southern region, mainly Chennai, have been disrupted. 49 flights that were scheduled for tomorrow have been cancelled. We will monitor the situation and decide on the further course of action for Nov 26: IndiGo Statement
Maharashtra reports 5,439 new COVID-19 cases, 4,086 recoveries and 30 deaths.
- Total cases: 17,89,800
- Total recoveries: 16,58,879
- Active cases: 83,221
- Death toll: 46,683
Maulana Kalbe Sadiq, vice-chairman of All India Muslim Personal Law Board, passes away at a hospital in Lucknow.
Delhi reported 6,224 new COVID-19 cases (out of 61,381 tests), 4,943 recoveries, and 109 deaths in the last 24 hours.
- Total cases: 5,40,541
- Total recoveries: 4,93,419
- Active cases: 38,501
- Death toll: 8,621
17 dead, at least 50 injured in blasts in Bamiyan city of Afghanistan, reports TOLO News quoting sources
Cyclone Nivar likely to intensify
Cyclone Nivar over southwest Bay of Bengal moved westwards about 320 km east-southeast of Cuddalore, about 350 km southeast of Puducherry & 410 km east southeast of Chennai. It is very likely to intensify further into a severe cyclonic storm during next 6 hours: IMD
5 trains cancelled, 7 trains short terminated/originated and 9 trains diverted, due to farmers protest in Punjab: Northern Railway
Cyclone Nivar: Cabinet Secretary Rajiv Gauba chairs a meeting of NCMC
- In view of Cyclone Nivar, Cabinet Secretary Rajiv Gauba chaired a meeting of National Crisis Management Committee (NCMC) today via video conferencing with chief secretaries of Tamil Nadu, Puducherry & Andhra Pradesh & secretaries of different ministries: Govt of India
- During the meeting, the Cabinet Secretary assured all necessary Central assistance to the state governments to overcome this situation: Govt of India
West Bengal reported 3,545 new COVID-19 cases, 3,646 discharges and 49 deaths.
- Total cases: 4,63,463
- Active cases: 24,880
- Death toll: 8,121
- Total discharges: 4,30,462
Himachal Pradesh: 12 deaths and 948 new COVID19 cases reported in the state today
The total number of cases in the state is 35,729 including 27,981 recovered cases, 7150 active cases and 562 deaths.
Manipur reported 290 new cases and 151 recoveries today
Taking total cases to 23,940 including 20,525 recoveries, 240 deaths and 3,175 active cases.
Madhya Pradesh reports 1,766 new COVID-19 cases, 1,112 discharges and 11 deaths.
- Total cases: 1,96,511
- Total recoveries: 1,80,349
- Active cases: 12,979
- Death toll: 3,183
Uttar Pradesh Cabinet clears proposal to rename the Ayodhya airport as Maryada Purushottam Sri Ram Airport, Ayodhya.
Madhya Pradesh Governor Anandi Ben Patel invites state Assembly to convene at 11 am on December 28.
Cyclone Nivar: Three flights from Chennai airport stand cancelled.
Due to Cyclone Nivar, flights to & from Chennai airport may get affected. As of now, three flights from Chennai airport stand cancelled. The airport has set up a control room where airlines, state administration & MET dept are coordinating for smooth operations: Chennai airport
Delhi court considers & accepts fresh supplementary chargesheet in North East Delhi violence case
Says there is sufficient material to proceed against accused Umar Khalid, Sharjeel Imam & Faizan Khan for offences under provisions of UAPA.
Punjab reported 614 new COVID-19 cases, 439 discharges and 22 deaths today.
- Total cases in the state rise to 1,47,665, including 1,36,178 recoveries and 4,653 deaths.
- Active cases stand at 6,834.
Odisha Government prohibits public congregation at river ghats and other water bodies on Kartik Purnima and Bada Osha festival: State Government
Six employees of Punjab Raj Bhavan, including Principal Secretary to the Governor, have tested positive for COVID-19, says the Raj Bhavan
Chandigarh today reported 79 new COVID-19 cases, taking the total positive cases to 16,848.
- A total of 15,455 patients recovered from the infection till date, death toll at 265.
- Active cases stand at 1,128.
Jammu and Kashmir report 431 new COVID-19 cases, 495 recoveries and 10 deaths.
- Total cases - 1,07,330
- Active cases - 5,357
- Total recoveries - 1,00,322
- Total deaths - 1,651
Karnataka reports 1,870 new COVID-19 cases, 1,949 discharges and 17 deaths today.
- Total cases: 8,76,425
- Active cases: 24,612
- Total recoveries: 8,40,099
- Death toll: 11,695
Rapid testing for COVID-19 being conducted at Delhi-Ghaziabad, UP border near Gazipur
NK Gupta, CMO, Ghaziabad says, "Random testing is being conducted here for those commuting between Delhi and Ghaziabad. This will help curb the spread of COVID19."
Rajasthan reported 3,314 new COVID-19 cases, 2,214 recoveries/discharges and 19 deaths and today.
- Total cases: 2,50,482
- Total recoveries: 2,23,085
- Active cases: 25,197
- Death toll: 2,200
Tamil Nadu: In connection with Cyclone Nivar, metro train services will run with Holiday Train services timetable tomorrow with service hours from 7 am to 10 pm with the headway of every 10 minutes, says Chennai Metro
11 deaths and 528 new positive cases reported in Uttarakhand
- The state's COVID19 case tally rises to 72,160.
- The numbers of active and recovered cases are 4,631 and 65,703 respectively.
- Death toll mounts to 1,180.
5,420 new COVID-19 cases were reported in Kerala today.
At the same time, 5,149 patients have recovered. Meanwhile, 24 recent deaths were confirmed, taking the death toll in the State to 2,095.
Gujarat reports 1,510 new COVID-19 cases, 16 deaths and 1,286 recoveries.
The state's case tally reaches 2,00,409 including 1,82,473 recoveries and 3,892 deaths till now. Total active cases are 14,044.
The ordinance provides for jail term of 1-5 years with Rs 15,000 penalty for forceful religious conversion. For conversions of minors & women of SC/SC community, there will be a jail term of 3-10 years with Rs 25,000 penalty.
- Siddharth Nath Singh, State Cabinet Minister
UP Cabinet decides to introduce an ordinance against unlawful religious conversions.
- Siddharth Nath Singh, State Cabinet Minister
Operations in the Bay of Bengal
Indian Naval Ships Rana, Kamorta, and a Sindhughosh class submarine with Republic of Singapore Ships (RSS) Intrepid, Steadfast and Endeavour undertaking coordinated operations in the Bay of Bengal.
India testfires land-attack version of BrahMos supersonic cruise missile from Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
About 30 vaccines are in different stages of development in India. Two of them, COVAXIN & COVISHIELD, are in the most advanced stage of development.
- Harsh Vardhan, Union Health Minister
Maharashtra Cabinet decides to establish a 100-seat medical college in Sindhudurg district.
Maharashtra Cabinet decides to provide to farmers additional Rs 700/quintal for paddy.
Bihar reports 653 new COVID-19 cases and 746 recoveries in last 24 hours
- Total cases: 2,31,697
- Total recoveries: 2,25,447
- Total deaths: 1,233
- Active cases: 5,016
Seeking clarification on movement from Maha govt
Maharastra: All India Motor Transport Congress seeks 'urgent clarification' from the state govt regarding the movement of drivers, crew members of commercial vehicles in light of its order to allow only people with negative COVID-19 test report to enter into Maharashtra.
Cyclone Nivar: NDRF teams on field
12 teams positioned in Tamil Nadu, 2 teams in Puducherry & 1 team in Karaikal. 3 teams positioned in Nellore & 1 team in Chittoor. 3 teams pre-positioned in Vizag. Total 22 teams available on the ground & 8 teams on standby. Total 30 teams committed: DG NDRF
Extremely heavy rainfall expected in coastal and north interior Tamil Nadu districts on 25th November. The most vulnerable zone is north Tamil Nadu districts.
- Dr. Mrutyunjay Mohapatra, DG, IMD
Govt bans 43 more Chinese apps: List of apps that have been blocked
- AliSuppliers Mobile App
- Alibaba Workbench
- AliExpress - Smarter Shopping, Better Living
- Alipay Cashier
- Lalamove India - Delivery App
- Drive with Lalamove India
- Snack Video
- CamCard - Business Card Reader
- CamCard - BCR (Western)
- Soul- Follow the soul to find you
- Chinese Social - Free Online Dating Video App & Chat
- Date in Asia - Dating & Chat For Asian Singles
- WeDate-Dating App
- Free dating app-Singol, start your date!
- Adore App
- TrulyChinese - Chinese Dating App
- TrulyAsian - Asian Dating App
- ChinaLove: dating app for Chinese singles
- DateMyAge: Chat, Meet, Date Mature Singles Online
- AsianDate: find Asian singles
- FlirtWish: chat with singles
- Guys Only Dating: Gay Chat
- Tubit: Live Streams
- First Love Live- super hot live beauties live online
- Rela - Lesbian Social Network
- Cashier Wallet
- MGTV-HunanTV official TV APP
- WeTV - TV version
- WeTV - Cdrama, Kdrama&More
- WeTV Lite
- Lucky Live-Live Video Streaming App
- Taobao Live
- Identity V
- Isoland 2: Ashes of Time
- BoxStar (Early Access)
- Heroes Evolved
- Happy Fish
- Jellipop Match-Decorate your dream island!
- Munchkin Match: magic home building
- Conquista Online II
Tamil Nadu: CM declares statewide public holiday tomorrow
Tamil Nadu CM Edappadi K Palaniswami declares statewide public holiday tomorrow as Cyclone Nivar is expected to cross Tamil Nadu-Puducherry coasts between Karaikal and Mamallapuram during late evening.
Cyclone Nivar: People in vulnerable areas asked to shift to cyclone shelters
People living in low lying vulnerable areas asked to shift to cyclone shelters. In every block/panchayat, zonal teams positioned which can be mobilised clearing of roads, setting up of electricity poles etc: Disaster Monitoring Zonal Officer, Cuddalore, Tamil Nadu
Govt bans 43 apps, says they are engaged in activities prejudicial to sovereignty, integrity of India.
Nagaland: 79 new Covid positive cases reported today.
The total number of cases in the state is now 10,931 including 1,471 active cases and 9,291 recovered cases.
President Ram Nath Kovind will visit Kevadia in Gujarat on Nov 25 to inaugurate 80th All India Presiding Officers’ Conference.
The two-day conference is being organized by Lok Sabha to celebrate the Constitution Day: Rashtrapati Bhavan
Russia's two-shot Sputnik V vaccine to cost less than $20 per person
- Russia's two-shot Sputnik V COVID-19 vaccine will cost less than $20 per person on international markets and will be free of charge for Russian citizens, according to a statement on the official Sputnik V Twitter account.
- The head of Russia's sovereign wealth fund said earlier on Tuesday that the vaccine would be priced significantly lower than other rivals with similar efficacy levels.
Kerala Cabinet has decided to withdraw controversial Section 118A of Kerala Police Act.
The Cabinet decision to repeal the ordinance will be submitted to Kerala Governor Arif Mohammad Khan for approval.
Cyclone Nivar preparation
5 flood relief teams & a diving team ready for deployment at Chennai. One flood relief team each on standby at Naval Detachment Nagapattinam, Rameswaram & air station INS Parundu. INS Jyoti deployed with HADR brick& diving teams along Tamil Nadu & Puducherry coast: Indian Navy
Bombay High Court directs actor Kangana Ranaut and her sister Rangoli Chandel to appear before the police on January 8
HC asks the police not to take any action against them till then.
Safety is as important as speed for us, whichever vaccine India will give to its citizens will be safe on all scientific standards. Vaccine distribution strategy will be chalked out in coordination with states.
- Narendra Modi, PM
CycloneNivar to cross Tamil Nadu-Puducherry coasts between Karaikal and Mamallapuram as a very severe cyclonic storm during late evening of 25th November: India Meteorological Department
Second interim analysis of clinical trial data showed a 91.4% efficacy for the Sputnik V vaccine on day 28 after the first dose; vaccine efficacy is over 95% 42 days after the first dose: The Gamaleya National Center of Epidemiology and Microbiology, Moscow, Russia.
Sensex rises 445 points, to close at 44,523; Nifty closes at 13,055
Warning of legal actions
Farmer organisations from UP, Haryana & Punjab will march to Delhi on Nov 26 & 27. No gathering is permitted amid coronavirus. You can come here with due permission when the situation is better. If protestors still come here, legal actions will be taken: Eish Singhal, DCP
Union Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar invites Farmer Unions for next round of talks on 3rd December.
The first meeting was held on 13th November.
Pending results of post & undergraduate courses to be declared by Nov 30, DU tells HC
The high court had earlier asked the Delhi University and its examiners to expedite the evaluation process of online open book examination (OBE) and declare the students' results preferably by the first week of October.
PM Modi urges CMs to work together against Covid
- PM Modi urges CMs to share their feedback in writing on COVID-19 strategy, says no one can impose any view and all have to work together.
- Asks CMs to work to bring positivity rate below 5%, fatality rate under 1%; calls for more RT-PCR tests.
- Modi asks states to set up task force/steering committees at district or block level to prepare for COVID-19 vaccine programme.
- Carelessness crept in among some people in dealing with COVID-19, we now have to work to spread awareness again.
MP govt decides to extend parole granted to 4,000 prisoners by 60 days
In view of the COVID-19 situation in the state, the Madhya Pradesh government has decided to extend the parole granted to 4,000 prisoners by another 60 days, said Narottam Mishra, State Home Minister on Tuesday.