Wrap Up: All you need to know about the news that matter
- Siliguri: Matiagara Police seizes two kilograms of brown sugar, seven arrested
- Rajasthan reports 1,822 new COVID-19 infections out of which 349 are from Jaipur
- Jammu And Kashmir reports 584 new cases COVID-19 cases (192 from Jammu and 392 from Kashmir) and 10 deaths
- 7,482 new COVID-19 cases and 23 deaths reported in Kerala today. Active cases in the state stand at 93,291
- Risk of inflight spread of COVID-19 'very low', not zero - WHO
- Joint Parliamentary Committee issues summons to Facebook officials to appear before it on Friday
- Chandigarh reports 53 new COVID19 cases taking the total number to 13,848.
- Madhya Pradesh reported 1,045 new COVID-19 cases, 1,271 recoveries and 14 deaths today
- Delhi reports 3,882 new COVID-19 cases, 2,727 recoveries/discharges/migrations and 35 deaths
- Maharashtra: Fire breaks out at a mall in Nagpada area of Mumbai; no casualty reported
- 4,157 new COVID-19 cases, 3,608 discharged cases and 64 deaths reported in West Bengal today
- Ladakh records one more COVID-related death; 48 new cases
- MP CM Shivraj Singh Chauhan says every poor person who cannot afford it will be given free
- 1,128 new COVID-19 cases and 1,292 discharges reported in Haryana today
- 75 more COVID-19 cases in UP's Muzaffarnagar, recoveries up to 5,176
- Ensure police vigil in every road so that all people wear face mask: Allahabad HC to UP govt
- 1,128 new COVID-19 cases and 1,292 discharges reported in Haryana today
- IPL 2020: Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) win by 8 wickets against Rajasthan Royals (RR)
IPL 2020: Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) win by 8 wickets against Rajasthan Royals (RR).
1,128 new COVID-19 cases and 1,292 discharges reported in Haryana today
Total cases at 1,54,495 including 10,009 active cases, 1,42,798 discharges and 1,688 deaths
Rajasthan: Jaipur Police busted an IPL betting racket and arrested four persons in Jaipur. More than more Rs 4 crores cash, 19 mobile phones and two note counting machines were seized.
Ensure police vigil in every road so that all people wear face mask: Allahabad HC to UP govt
75 more COVID-19 cases in UP's Muzaffarnagar, recoveries up to 5,176
Telangana: Hyderabad Police apprehended two persons for their alleged involvement in illegal betting on cricket matches being played at IPL, in Uppuguda area. Rs 4,21,000 cash and 5 mobile phones have been seized from them.
Himachal Pradesh reports 223 new cases.
- Total cases: 19,844
- Cured cases: 16,914
- Active cases: 2,623
- Deaths: 279
1,128 new COVID-19 cases and 1,292 discharges reported in Haryana today.
Total cases at 1,54,495 including 10,009 active cases, 1,42,798 discharges and 1,688 deaths: State Health Department
MP CM Shivraj Singh Chauhan says every poor person who cannot afford it will be given free
Ladakh records one more COVID-related death; 48 new cases
4,157 new COVID-19 cases, 3,608 discharged cases and 64 deaths reported in West Bengal today
- Total cases: 3,37,283
- Active cases: 36,064
- Death toll: 6,308
Maharashtra: Fire breaks out at a mall in Nagpada area of Mumbai; no casualty reported.
The search led to a seizure of unaccounted cash amounting to Rs 1.82 crores and jewellery/bullion worth Rs. 74 lakhs. Total undisclosed investments and cash transactions of Rs 105 crores of the group have been unearthed during the search: Income Tax Department
Income Tax Department carried out search and seizure actions on 22/10/2020 on a group of three assessees, based in Srinagar. Searches were conducted at 15 residential and business premises, out of which 14 were in Srinagar and 1 in Delhi: Income Tax Department
As part of COVID19 containment, tests are being conducted in state borders but quarantine is not compulsory for short time visit to the state: Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan
Received your letter regarding a Bill providing 7.5% reservation to students studied in Govt schools from 6-12 std & passed in NEET exam for undergraduate medical admissions. I need at least 3-4 weeks time to arrive at a decision: Tamil Nadu Governor, in a letter to DMK president
Delhi reports 3,882 new COVID-19 cases, 2,727 recoveries/discharges/migrations and 35 deaths in last 24 hours
The COVID tally here rises to 3,44,318, including 3,12,918 recoveries/discharges/migrations and 6,163 deaths. Active cases stand at 25,237.
Madhya Pradesh reported 1,045 new COVID-19 cases, 1,271 recoveries and 14 deaths today
Total number of cases stand at 1,64,341 including 1,49,353 recoveries, 12,146 active cases and 2,842 deaths
Chandigarh reports 53 new COVID19 cases taking the total number to 13,848.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan announces that as and when a COVID-19 vaccine is ready, it will be made available for all people of the state free of cost.
Twitter officials summoned by Parliamentary panel led by BJP MP Meenakshi Lekhi next week on Personal Data Protection Bill: Sources
Joint Parliamentary Committee issues summons to Facebook officials to appear before it on Friday on Personal Data Protection Bill
Too early to say, need to look at more data. In ICMR study large no.of patients who were given plasma already had antibodies. If you already have, giving it from outside may not be of much use: Delhi AIIMS Director on ICMR observation- plasma therapy didn't reduce COVID mortality
Risk of inflight spread of COVID-19 'very low', not zero - WHO
Prime Minister Narendra Modi to begin his campaign for Bihar Elections 2020, tomorrow. He will address three rallies in the state tomorrow - in Sasaram, Gaya and Bhagalpur.
Swine flu shows spike during winter. Likely that COVID would also do the same. There's data that shows air pollution may also lead to higher prevalence of COVID-19. It's based on a study done in last few months in Italy & China: Delhi AIIMS Director, Dr Randeep Guleria
Bihar: A team of Income Tax officials arrive at Congress' office in Patna to serve a notice to them after money was recovered from a vehicle parked outside their compound. One person detained outside the campus of the office, after Rs 8.5 Lakhs was recovered from him.
Gwalior: Imarti Devi gets emotional as Madhya Pradesh CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan recounts former CM Kamal Nath's remarks referring to her as 'item'.
Enforcement Directorate (ED) files Prosecution Complaint against Raj Kumar Goenka, Ashok Kumar Goenka, Ratan Kumar Goenka & Pankaj Agrawal before PMLA Court, Patna for punishment & confiscation of attached assets worth Rs 4.61 crore in cases of misusing banks post demonetisation: ED
PM Modi to inaugurate 3 projects in Gujarat on 24 Oct, via video link. He will launch ‘Kisan Suryodaya Yojana’, inaugurate Paediatric Heart Hospital attached with UN Mehta Institute of Cardiology & Research Centre & Mobile App for tele-cardiology at Ahmedabad Civil Hospital: PMO
7,482 new COVID-19 cases and 23 deaths reported in Kerala today. Active cases in the state stand at 93,291.
Jammu And Kashmir reports 584 new cases COVID-19 cases (192 from Jammu and 392 from Kashmir) and 10 deaths
Total cases stand at 90,166 out of which active patients are 7,952.
Rajasthan reports 1,822 new COVID-19 infections out of which 349 are from Jaipur
The state has 1,80,755 total cases out of which 18,341 are active patients.1800 deaths have been reported.
Siliguri: Matiagara Police seizes two kilograms of brown sugar, seven arrested.
Pakistan has also not taken any action against several terrorist entities & individuals, including those who have been proscribed by UNSC - such as Masood Azhar, Dawood Ibrahim & Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi: Anurag Srivastava, Official Spox, Ministry of External Affairs, on FATF meet
Pakistan has addressed only 21 action items so far out of the 27 action items given to them under their action plan. Six important action items yet to be addressed. As is well known, Pakistan continues to provide safe haven to terrorist entities & individuals.
- MEA on FATF meet
The third India-US 2+2 Ministerial Dialogue will entail a comprehensive discussion on cross-cutting bilateral issues of mutual interest. Both sides will also exchange views on regional & international issues: Anurag Srivastava, Official Spokesperson, Ministry of External Affairs
Energy Ministry has decided to increase capacity of Uran power plant by 1000 Megawatts in coming 2 years. The decision has been taken so that Mumbai doesn't face any power outage if present grids get failed, as it happened on 12th October.
- Maharashtra Energy Minister Nitin Raut
If we come to power, we'll definitely act on corruption done by present govt. Rs 30,000 crores have been siphoned off from Bihar's coffers. CM Nitish Kumar didn't act as he is party to all this, that's why we call him Bhishma Pitamah of corruption.
- Tejashwi Yadav,RJD
Delhi's Rouse Avenue Court sends back defamation case filed by former union minister MJ Akbar against journalist Priya Ramani to Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (ACCM) Vishal Pahuja, where cases related to MPs & MLAs are exclusively dealt with. Next hearing on November 2
Tamil Nadu: Customs officials at Chennai International Airport intercepted a passenger, arriving from Dubai, and seized 94 grams of gold paste, concealed in the form of two bundles in his rectum. 20 grams of gold also recovered from his pocket. Total 114 grams of gold recovered.
Once COVID-19 vaccine is ready, it will be provided to all people of the state free of cost, announces Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami
Every political party goes into the election with a manifesto. Someone talks about employment, someone talks about farm loan waiver, someone talks about pucca houses. Why is the Opposition upset if we are going with a public health issue?
- Bhupender Yadav, BJP incharge for Bihar
Indian Navy's first batch of women pilots operationalized on Dornier Aircraft by the Southern Naval Command (SNC) at Kochi, Kerela.
In migrant workers crisis, Bihar CM & Deputy CM said they won't let Biharis enter. PM said vaccine can't possibly be made before a year. 1000 Biharis died due to COVID. Do central ministers care? They're deriding Biharis: Randeep Surjewala, Congress on BJP's vaccine poll promise
Delhi govt set to launch large scale campaign to reduce pollution from Oct 26
- Environment Minister Gopal Rai highlighted his party's efforts to reduce air pollution in Delhi after inaugurating the 'Red Light On, Gaadi Off' campaign as part of Delhi government's 'Yuddh Pradushan Ke Viruddh' (War Against Pollution) initiative on Wednesday.
- "Cars being switched off at red traffic lights can reduce vehicular pollution by 15-20 per cent. Our government will work to curb internal pollution sources but for external sources like increasing stubble burning, we're requesting Centre and neighbouring states to help," Rai said.
Uttar Pradesh reports 2402 new COVID-19 cases
JD(U) releases their manifesto for Bihar Elections 2020 in Patna
Govt restores all existing visas, barring electronic, tourist and medical categories
- The government on Thursday decided to restore with immediate effect all existing visas, except electronic, tourist and medical categories, almost eight months after their suspension following the coronavirus outbreak and subsequent imposition of a nationwide lockdown.
- The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) also announced giving permission to all Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) and Person of Indian Origin (PIO) cardholders and all other foreign nationals to visit India for any purpose, except on a tourist visa.
- The move will enable foreign nationals to come to India for various purposes such as business, conferences, employment, studies and research.
India's active COVID-19 cases remain below 10% of total caseload
Active cases of COVID-19 in India have remained below 10 per cent of the total caseload for the last three days suggesting that only 1 in 10 cases are active coronavirus patients, the Union Health Ministry said on Thursday.
CM Yogi Adityanath addresses a public rally in Naugawa as part of BJP's by-election campaign
Sushil Kumar Modi tested positive for COVID-19
BJP'S promise of free COVID vaccination in Bihar: Misuse of Central Govt's powers during elections?
Bihar polls: Amit Malviya on BJP'S promise of free COVID vaccination
Maharashtra police reports 70 new cases of COVID-19
Stubble burning continues in Punjab
Japan researchers show masks do block coronavirus, but not perfectly
Scientists at the University of Tokyo built a secure chamber with mannequin heads facing each other. One head, fitted with a nebulizer, simulated coughing and expelled actual coronavirus particles. The other mimicked natural breathing, with a collection chamber for viruses coming through the airway.
I request Punjab CM not to cheat farmers. If they've to bring a law, then they should've brought it for crops produced at large level by farmers, which sell lower than MSP in market
- Haryana Deputy CM Dushyant Chautala on Punjab govt passing resolutions against Center's Farm Laws (ANI)
Govt permits all OCI, PIO card holders and other foreign nationals to visit India for any purpose, except on tourist visa: Home Ministry