Wrap Up: All you need to know about the news that matter
- U.S. approves extradition of Carlos Ghosn's accused escape plotters to Japan
- Maharashtra govt extends ongoing Covid-19 lockdown till November 30
- Gurugram: 21-year-old woman admitted at Fortis Hospital allegedly raped by a man on 21st October
- IPL 2020: Chennai Super Kings beat Kolkata Knight Riders by 6 wickets
- Tamil Nadu reports 2,652 new COVID-19 cases, 35 deaths and 4,087 discharges today
- Bihar: Stage collapsed during a public rally of Congress party at Bagahi Deoraj in West Champaran
- Government gives 3 days to meet onion stock limit, traders want 15 days
- Government extends LTC Cash Voucher Scheme to non-Central Government Employees
- MSMEs backbone of economy, can boost exports: Nitin Gadkari
- Y K Sinha to be appointed as Chief Information Commissioner
- IFS Officer Ranjana Kala appointed as the Uttarakhand Principal Chief Conservator of Forests
- India's April-September Fiscal Deficit At 9.1 Trillion Rupees - Government
- Shapoorji Pallonji Group submits plan to Supreme Court for separation from Tatas
- September eight core industries growth at -0.8% vs -7.3% in August
- Govt likely to extend Air India bid deadline to Dec 14; investors to get flexibility on debt
- Bahujan Samaj Party suspends seven MLAs with immediate effect, citing their involvement in anti-party activities
- Kolkata International Film Festival scheduled to be held in November, deferred to January next year
- BP pitches for infra sharing with cos like ONGC; sanctity of contract
- Sebi imposes fine on Biocon employee for violating insider trading norms
A case under relevant sections of IPC registered at Shaheen Bagh Police Station against AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan & some of his supporters on the complaint of NIA for obstructing govt servants today in their line of duty: Delhi Police
CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan held a roadshow in Sanwer today
MSMEs backbone of economy, can boost exports: Nitin Gadkari
Union Minister Nitin Gadkari on Thursday said micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) are the backbone of the economy and can help in boosting exports. "We are giving highest priority for how we can reduce our import and increase our exports. The global economy is an open platform where the quality, cost and scale of marketing of products are very important factors. Presently, MSMEs are the backbone of the country," the MSME minister said.
Government gives 3 days to meet onion stock limit, traders want 15 days
Government extends LTC Cash Voucher Scheme to non-Central Government Employees
Terrorists fired upon three BJP workers identified as Fida Hussain Yatoo, Umer Rashid Beigh and Umer Ramzan Hajam in YK Pora, Kulgam, today. They were shifted to a nearby hospital for treatment where they were declared as brought dead.
- Jammu and Kashmir Police
Bihar: Stage collapsed during a public rally of Congress party at Bagahi Deoraj in West Champaran, earlier today
India urges Saudi Arabia to take urgent corrective step on G-20 banknote depicting Jammu & Kashmir as separate entity
We have sought time on behalf of all MLAs of Punjab Assembly to request the President to accord his assent to the Farm Bills passed by the House. We all propose to call on him on 4th November.
- Punjab CM Captain Amarinder Singh
U.S. approves extradition of Carlos Ghosn's accused escape plotters to Japan
The U.S. State Department has approved turning over to Japan two Massachusetts men to face charges that they helped smuggle former Nissan Motor Co Chairman Carlos Ghosn out of the country while he was awaiting trial on financial crimes.
Gurugram: 21-year-old woman admitted at Fortis Hospital allegedly raped by a man on 21st October
“Case registered at Sushant Lok Police Station. Probe on. Victim is not in the state to give her statement right now. CCTV footage being examined,” says Usha Kundu, ACP Gurugram Police
IPL 2020: Kolkata Knight Riders set a target of 173 runs for Chennai Super Kings to win the match at Dubai
Tamil Nadu: State Government passes an order to provide 7.5% reservation in medical colleges to students from govt schools who have cleared NEET
Tamil Nadu reports 2,652 new COVID-19 cases, 35 deaths and 4,087 discharges today
- The total number of cases in the state is now at 7,19,403
- This includes 6,83,464 discharges and 11,053 deaths
- There are 24,886 active cases in the State
5,739 fresh positive cases, 4,138 recoveries and 27 deaths reported in Delhi today
The total case tally stands at 3,75,753 including 3,38,378 recoveries, 30,952 active cases and 6,423 deaths
The government said in the beginning that all leads point towards Pakistan. It is good that Pak has admitted it. I am sure our government will utilise this admittance to tell the world that Pak needs to be blacklisted in the FATF: Union Minister &ex-Army Chief Gen (Retd) VK Singh
I strongly condemn the recent terrorist attacks in France, including today's heinous attack in Nice inside a church. Our deepest and heartfelt condolences to the families of the victims and the people of France. India stands with France in the fight against terrorism: PM Modi
Haryana: Locals in Ballabhgarh hold candlelight march demanding justice for the 21-year-old woman who was shot dead on October 26
Uttarakhand's COVID19 cases tally rises to 61,566 with 305 fresh cases reported today. The total number of active cases and recoveries stand at 3,545 and 56,529 respectively. Death toll 1,009: State Government
55.69% final voter turnout was recorded in the first phase of Bihar assembly elections yesterday: Election Commission of India
With 10,75,760 tests conducted in the last 24 hours, the cumulative tests have crossed 10.65 crores (10,65,63,440). Nearly 11 lakh tests have been conducted daily on an average during the past six weeks: Govt of India
Maharashtra reports 5,902 new COVID-19 cases, 7,883 recoveries and 156 deaths, as per State's Public Health Department
The COVID19 tally of the state rises to 16,66,668, with 14,94,809 recoveries and 43,710 deaths. Active cases at 1,27,603
No amount of denial can hide truth of Pakistan's support to terrorism: MEA
Due to increased in Ammonia levels in Yamuna river, production at Bhagirathi Plant & Sonia Vihar Plant has been affected due to which clear water will not be available today & tomorrow in parts of East, North East and South Delhi: Delhi Jal Board
The decision to reopen the Kartarpur Corridor will be in line with #COVID19 protocol. We are in touch with all the concerned authorities: Anurag Srivastava, Ministry of External Affairs (MEA)
Y K Sinha to be appointed as Chief Information Commissioner
It is my expectation that by the time we reach Diwali, and between Diwali & the end of the year, we should be looking at figures (of operations under domestic civil aviation) which resemble pre-COVID levels.
- Hardeep Singh Puri, Union Civil Aviation Minister
Suspension of Madhya Pradesh IPS officer Purushottam Sharma has been upheld by the Union Ministry of Home Affairs. He is facing allegations of beating his wife after a video surfaced
Enforcement Directorate attaches immovable assets in Mumbai, Surat and balances in bank account totalling to Rs1.8 crores belonging to Bilal Haroon Galani under PMLA in a bogus import case
It has been decided to change bidding parameters and invite bid at enterprise value: Hardeep Singh Puri, Union Civil Aviation Minister on Air India bid
I want the accused to be hanged. I trust the judicial system of our country but it also depends on the handling of the case. There's CCTV footage, accused have confessed their crime, so there's no reason for delay.
- Father of the woman who was shot dead in Ballabhgarh on Oct 26
Enforcement Directorate seizes shares of Sanatan Financers & Real Estates Pvt. Ltd, Goa belonging to Sunil Kumar amounting to Rs 1.19 crores under section 37A of FEMA for illegally holding two immovable assets in the United Kingdom
India's April-September Fiscal Deficit At 9.1 Trillion Rupees - Government
IFS Officer Ranjana Kala appointed as the Uttarakhand Principal Chief Conservator of Forests
Pakistan's Federal Minister Fawad Choudhry, in the National Assembly, says Pulwama was a great achievement under Imran Khan's leadership.
Shapoorji Pallonji Group submits plan to Supreme Court for separation from Tatas
Sept eight core industries growth at -0.8% vs -7.3% in Aug
- Combined Index of Eight Core Industries stood at 119.7 in September 2020, which declined by 0.8% (provisional) as compared to September 2019
- Its cumulative growth during April to September 2020-21 has been (-) 14.9 %
Maharashtra govt extends ongoing Covid-19 lockdown till Nov 30
Govt likely to extend Air India bid deadline to Dec 14; investors to get flexibility on debt
The flexibility to potential investors on the quantum of the Rs 60,074 crore debt that they want to absorb will replace the current condition of the buyer taking over more than a third of the debt and transferring the rest to a special purpose vehicle.
ED arrests Bineesh Kodiyeri, son of Kerala CPI(M) leader Kodiyeri Balakrishnan, in a drugs-related money laundering case
Bahujan Samaj Party suspends seven MLAs with immediate effect, citing their involvement in anti-party activities
Union Cabinet approves project to ensure maintenance and improvement of 736 dams in 19 states in next 10 years
SP Group formally seeks separation from Tata in SC, reports ET Now
Kolkata International Film Festival scheduled to be held in November, deferred to January next year
Election Commission orders immediate removal of DM, SP of Munger in Bihar over violence during goddess Durga idol immersion that had left one dead and scores injured: Officials
BP pitches for infra sharing with cos like ONGC; sanctity of contract
- Ahead of starting the next wave of gas production from the KG basin, UK-based supermajor BP Plc has pitched for oil and gas producers sharing their infrastructure to help cut costs and monetise small and marginal discoveries.
- BP, which in partnership with Reliance Industries Ltd is investing USD 5 billion in developing three sets of discoveries in the Krishna Godavari basin block KG-D6, also wanted sanctity of contracts to be honoured and policy stability.
Sebi imposes fine on Biocon employee for violating insider trading norms
The employee, P Ravishankar (noticee), general manager of the project department of Biocon at the time of investigation and also a designated person, has been penalised Rs 3 lakh by the regulator for violating provisions of the Prohibition of Insider Trading (PIT) norms.
Sensex falls 172.61 pts to close at 39,749.85
Nifty declines 58.80 pts to 11,670.80
Cabinet approves 100 per cent mandatory packaging of food grains and 20 per cent of sugar in jute bags
- I&B Minister Prakash Javadekar
Bihar's unemployment rate on the rise, much higher than all-India average: CMIE
CMIE data shows that while the unemployment rate in the state averaged 46% during April and May, the peak months of the lockdown, the all-India unemployment rate in the same period was 24%. Though the unemployment rate in the state has since then come down to 12%, it is much higher than the all-India estimate of 6.7% at the same time.
Bihar reported 783 new COVID-19 cases, taking the total count of active cases to 9,559
Delhi records minimum temperature of 12.5 degrees Celsius, lowest in October in 26 years
India Meteorological Department
Russia registers record 17,717 COVID-19 cases in past 24 Hours
India performs 1 crore COVID-19 tests in last 9 days, consistent dip in positivity rate
The Union Health Ministry on Thursday informed that the country has conducted about one crore tests to diagnose coronavirus in the last nine days. The government mentioned that on average, nearly 11 lakh COVID-19 tests were being performed every day for the past six weeks.
Heavy to very heavy rainfall in Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry in next 5 days: IMD
Christian Estrosi, mayor of French city of Nice: suspect kept mentioning the phrase Allah Akbar
RBI imposes Rs 22 lakh fine on DCB Bank for violating marketing norms
France: 3 dead, several wounded in knife attack outside church in Nice; assailant arrested
Maruti Suzuki India consolidated net profit rises 2.04 pc in second qtr to Rs 1,419.6 cr
Total revenue up 10.34 pc at Rs 18,755.6 cr