MNF is a member of the BJP-floated grouping of non-Congress parties, North East Democratic Alliance.
The pledge comes in the wake of some non-governmental organisations in Mizoram demanding an NRC to detect illegal immigrants after Assam published the final draft of the NRC in July last year. In its manifesto MNF said itwould initiate a village-level register for the “purpose of determining genuine citizens and detecting illegal immigrants”.
Read More News on
Download The Economic Times News App to get Daily Market Updates & Live Business News.
- Corruption was prevalent in Assam from earlier times: Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal
- Assam seizes locomotive for ‘murdering’ elephants
- Flare up along Assam-Mizoram border: Union Home Secretary to hold a meeting with the Chief Secretaries of Mizoram and Assam
- 35 percent of Assam’s population creating division among the 65 %: Assam finance Minister, Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Assam Accord Implementation Dept to publish a booklet on the steps taken to implement the Clause 6 of Assam Accord
- Assam initiates move to give building permission instantly