!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
Another COVID-19 casualty in Rajasthan
One person (85-year-old) from Alwar who had tested positive for COVID19 has unfortunately died. He had a comorbid condition of brain stroke paralysis: Rohit Kumar Singh, Additional Chief Secretary, Rajasthan Health Department (ANI)
Australian scientists start testing potential COVID-19 vaccines
- Scientists in Australia said on Thursday they have begun testing two potential vaccines for COVID-19 in "milestone" lab trials.
- The scientists at the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) said they are testing the COVID-19 vaccine candidates for efficacy.
- They are also evaluating the best way to give the vaccine for better protection, including an intra-muscular injection and innovative approaches like a nasal spray.
Donald Trump proposes USD 2 trillion infrastructure fund
- US President Donald Trump has proposed a massive USD 2 trillion infrastructure plan, along with several other measures like corporate deductibility for restaurants and entertainment facilities to stimulate the American economy ravaged by the coronavirus pandemic.
- Trump's proposal comes days after he passed a USD 2.2 trillion stimulus package that gives USD 3,200 on an average to an American family of four and massive financial assistance to small and medium enterprises, big corporations and the country's travel and tourism industry.
A total of 700 possibly infected & confirmed cases of COVID-19 are in different hospitals in Delhi
- Health Minister Satyendar Jain
32 people were tested positive yesterday in Delhi out of which 29 people had attended Tablighi Jamaat event in Nizamuddin
- Delhi Health Minister Satyendar Jain
Noida: 1 held, dozen booked for group namaaz despite COVID-19 lockdown
In Mumbai, some hospitals sealed due to exposure to COVID19 patients
Mumbai: Sai Hospital Chembur completely sealed and Saifee Hospital, Jaslok Hospital, Bhabha Hospital & Hinduja Hospital partially affected due to exposure to COVID19 patients.
21 more positive cases in Andhra Pradesh; case count rises to 132
21 more COVID-19 cases reported in Andhra Pradesh, taking the total number of positive cases in the state to 132: Arja Srikanth, State Nodal Officer
Wadala housing complex under complete lockdown
One of the largest co-operative housing societies in Mumbai, Dosti Acres in Wadala on Wednesday went into a complete lockdown as a “containment zone” after a resident, who was under self-quarantine since his return from foreign, tested positive in a followup COVID-19 test.
National Cadet Corps (NCC) issues guidelines for temporary employment of its cadets to augment relief efforts & functioning of various agencies involved in battling Coronavirus
- Ministry of Defence
Proposed UN resolution calls COVID-19 a threat to peace
- Tunisia has proposed a UN Security Council resolution that would call the coronavirus pandemic “a threat to humanity and to international peace and security” and call for an immediate global humanitarian cease-fire to respond to “the unprecedented threat posed by COVID-19.”
- The UN's most powerful body has not addressed the pandemic sweeping the globe, but Dominican Republic Ambassador Jose Singer, the current council president, said Wednesday he expects members to meet on COVID-10 “for sure next week, or before.”
- Secretary-General Antonio Guterres is expected to brief the council at the request of Germany's U.N. Ambassador Christoph Heusgen, diplomats said.
50 deaths In India, 12 In 24 hours, no of cases at 1965
Total number of COVID19 positive cases rise to 1965 in India (including 1764 active cases, 151 cured/discharged/migrated people and 50 deaths): Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
Teachers roped in to trace migrant workers in Gujarat
- The Gujarat government has roped in primary school teachers to trace migrant workers and provide them free ration during the unprecedented lockdown in view of the coronavirus outbreak.
- Teachers from government-run schools were called-in on Wednesday for the door-to-door survey of villages to find the migrant workers there and inform about their whereabouts to the authorities concerned.
UP government removes Anurag Bhargava as chief medical officer (CMO) of Gautam Buddh Nagar, appoints A P Chaturvedi as new CMO
Noida CMO shunted amid COVID-19 outbreak
- The Uttar Pradesh government has shunted out the chief medical officer (CMO) of Gautam Buddh Nagar Anurag Bhargava, according to an official order.
- Bhargava is the second high-level officer to be shifted in Noida after the district magistrate was shunted out earlier this week after a meeting with chief minister Yogi Adityanath on the coronavirus situation.
12 new coronavirus cases in Indore; MP tally reaches 98
- Twelve more coronavirus patients have been found in Indore, taking the total number of such cases in Madhya Pradesh to 98, an official said on Thursday.
- Of the total cases in the state, 77 per cent are from Indore, he said.
- The 12 new patients include an 80-year-old woman and three from a family whose nine members earlier tested positive for coronavirus, an official of the Government Mahatma Gandhi Memorial college in Indore said.
T'gana police receives over 6.41 lakh calls
- Telangana police has received more than 6.41 lakh distress calls to Dial 100 service in the last three days of the ongoing coronavirus lockdown.
- A stress management session was held for the Dial 100 staff on Wednesday to help keep their spirits up, Telangana Director General of Police (DGP) M Mahendar Reddy said.
Moody's changes outlook on Indian banks to negative
- Moody's Investors Service on Thursday changed the outlook for Indian banking system to negative from stable, as it expects deterioration in banks' asset quality due to disruption in economic activity from the coronavirus outbreak.
- It said Banks' asset quality will deteriorate across the corporate, small and medium enterprises and retail segments, leading to pressure on profitability and capital.
One more tests positive for coronavirus in Manipur, had attended Nizamuddin event
- The total number of positive cases in the state now stands at two.
- Earlier, a 23-year-old woman from Manipur, with a travel history to the United Kingdom, had tested positive for coronavirus.
Number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Germany rises to 73,522
Relief for third-party auto insurance policy holders and health insurance policy holders
Another COVID19 patient lost his life in Gujarat
A 52-year-old COVID19 patient lost his life today morning. He had a history of travel to Sri Lanka&was admitted to SSG Hospital, Vadodara on 19 March. 4 members of his family have also tested positive for the virus & are undergoing treatment: S Agarwal, Vadodara Collector Gujarat, (ANI)
Six-week-old baby dies of coronavirus in US
3 more test positive in Maharashtra (2 from Pune & 1 from Buldhana). Total count rises to 338
Covid-19 positive patient from Ambala has died in Chandigarh hospital
All schools have been instructed to postpone the recovery of fees during coronavirus lockdown in Chhattisgarh: CM Bhupesh Baghel
Naval Dockyard, Mumbai has designed & developed its own handheld infrared-based temperature sensor for undertaking screening of a large number of personnel at the entry gates of the yard, reducing the load on the security sentries at the gate: Indian Navy
The instrument has been manufactured under Rs 1000, through in-house resources (which is a fraction of the cost of the temperature guns in the market): Indian Navy
9 more test positive in Rajasthan (7 from Ramganj, and 1 each from Jodhpur & Jhunjhunu). Total count rises to 129 in the State
A purposeful campaign is being run particularly on social media targeting those who attended Nizamuddin Markaz gathering in Delhi & their community. At the time of a pandemic, if anyone tries to create religious divisions it will be strongly dealt with: Kerala CM
Giani Nirmal Singh, former Hazoori Ragi of Golden Temple, Amritsar has passed away at around 4:30 AM today.
Nirmal Singh had tested positive for coronavirus on Wednesday.
1 more person with link to Markaz building (Delhi) test positive in Manipur. Total count rises to 2.
US sets new one-day record with 884 coronavirus deaths, Johns Hopkins University
13 people with link to Markaz building, Delhi, to be placed under quarantine
Moradabad: 13 people who had attended the Tablighi Jamaat congregation at Nizamuddin Markaz in Delhi have been picked from a mosque in Barwalan area. Amit Kumar Anand, SP City says, "They are all from Assam. They will be placed under quarantine."
36 people who had who attended the Tablighi Jamaat congregation at Nizamuddin Markaz in Delhi have been identified & quarantined: Pratap Singh, CMHO of Jhunjhunu
104 people's samples will be collected. They had attended the Tablighi Jamaat congregation
104 persons who had who attended the Tablighi Jamaat congregation at Nizamuddin Markaz in Delhi were picked from various mosques yesterday. They have been lodged at a resort & their samples will be collected: Dr Mukesh Vats, Chief Medical Officer of Agra
Locals of Tatpatti Bakhal in Indore pelt stones at health workers who came to screen people. A case has been registered.
8 more people test positive, taking total number of cases to 82 (including 6 cured & 6 death) in Gujarat state
275 foreign nationals who attended the Tablighi Jamaat congregation have been identified & quarantined
Delhi Police: In a joint operation conducted by Crime Branch & Delhi Govt, 275 foreign nationals (including 172 from Indonesia, 36 from Kyrgyzstan & 21 from Bangladesh) who attended the Tablighi Jamaat congregation at Nizamuddin Markaz in Delhi have been identified & quarantined.
CM K Chandrasekhar Rao has decided to pay full month salary to medical, health, police employees & staff. CM also decided to pay an additional incentive for them: Telangana Chief Minister's Office
30 new positive cases and 3 deaths reported in Telangana. Death toll in the state rises to 9
All the deceased had attended the Tablighi Jamaat congregation at Nizamuddin Markaz in Delhi: Telangana Chief Minister's Office
12 new positive cases reported in Indore, taking the total count to 75. Total positive cases in the state stand at 98.
3 more positive cases in Goalpara, taking the total to 16
These three new cases are also of those who joined Tablighi Jamaat congregation at Nizamuddin Markaz in Delhi: Assam Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma
Giani Nirmal Singh, former Hazoori Ragi of Golden Temple, Amritsar (who tested positive) has been put on a ventilator.
Dr AP Chaturvedi has been appointed the new Chief Medical Officer of Gautam Budh Nagar.
A 60-year-old from Surya Nagar in Bhubaneswar with multiple co-morbid conditions admitted at AIIMS Bhubaneswar tests positive. Total confirmed cases rise to 5 in the state (Odisha).