As per community platform LocalCircles, 83% of consumers polled said a charge for carry bag serves as a reminder for them to carry their own bag. 69% of the respondents said they always carry a bag while 25% said they carry a bag sometimes.
The survey, however, highlighted that consumers have issues when retailers charge for paper bags which have a company branding on them. Consumers feel it is unfair for retailers to charge for such paper bags as it acts as a marketing medium for the brand and the cost of these bags should be absorbed in the company’s marketing budget.
However, most consumers did not have any issue for being charged if the paper bag did not have any branding, the survey highlighted.
The main reason when consumers didn’t carry their own bag was they not remembering it. However, 62% of shoppers said they keep a bag in their vehicle that they generally take to go shopping while some keep a bag near their door kitchen.
Download The Economic Times News App to get Daily Market Updates & Live Business News.
- Diwali shopping boosted retail sales of certain categories: Retailers
- Reliance Retail to focus on craft products
- Mirras Coffee to expand retail business to South this year
- Vistra ITCL invokes Future Retail shares
- Royale Touche plans to expand its retail footprint
- Retail industry showing signs of recovery: Survey by Retailers Association of India
1 Comment on this Story
Valerian Pereira407 days ago
Indian shoppers should sell ..promote Jute bags, Bamboo textile bags, Khadi.
etc to replace Plastics..