The CM’s assertion at a meetthe-press event followed Primary & Secondary Education Minister S Suresh Kumar calling for a report on a letter submitted by BJP lawmaker Ranjan Appachu asking for deletion of everything about Tipu from school textbooks. “Ranjan has written to us. I have forwarded the letter to the textbook committee, asking them to hold a meeting at the earliest on the subject and called for a report,” the minister told ET.
Opposition Congress leader Siddaramaiah hit back at the CM for his remarks on the ruler of the 18th century Mysuru.
Download The Economic Times News App to get Daily Market Updates & Live Business News.
- Karnataka braces for shutdown on Monday by farmers
- Karnataka government will deal with rioters with iron hand: Karnataka Revenue Minister
- Flood situation grim in parts of Telangana and Karnataka
- Mahindra launches Treo electric auto in Karnataka
- Rains wreak havoc in parts of north Karnataka
- Karnataka Bank jumps 6% on Q2 results