Know how to relax while on a shoestring budget
simple relaxation techniques, with almost no expenditure, one can achieve peace of mind anywhere and at any time!
1. Yoga and meditation: Yoga and meditation is an important component of our Indian tradition, passed down through the generations. It is of utmost relevance in today’s fast-paced and stressful times. This is evident from the growing popularity of Yoga in the West and its increased adoption. Yoga is a great way to de-stress and rejuvenate since it has a calming effect on the mind as well as the body. All this instant peace at a nominal cost!
2. Take a nap: Sleep is a great way to rejuvenate the body and mind. This is why babies require many hours of sleep. It helps them grow in a healthy manner. Sleep is natural relaxation therapy. Sleep doesn’t cost anything!
3. Take a walk: Staying fit is one of the best ways to relax. Walking is a non-strenuous physical activity that can help de-clutter one’s mind. Besides, walking involves zero-cost.
4. Read a book: Immersing oneself in a book is a great way to relax. One gets carried away in the imaginary journey of the protagonist and often loses track of time. Of course, while it is good to cultivate a reading habit, especially in children, this involves the cost of procuring the books or taking the membership of a library.
5. Spend time with your family: Spending time with family members ensures that close bonds and beautiful memories are created which can be cherished for a long time. One can derive emotional strength from this during difficult life situations. Spending quality time with family has a positive impact on the mind and can elevate one’s mood. The best thing is that family time is free of cost.
6. Spend time in the lap of Nature: Nature is a great source of comfort for many. Taking a walk on the beach, strolling through a flower garden or fruit orchard, and visiting the hills can help to de-stress naturally. Besides, Nature does not charge any fees for appreciating or rejoicing in its beauty. Escaping to places of natural beauty, away from the hustle and bustle of the city is a delightful experience. The cost factor depends on where one chooses to go. While a visit to a nearby park or lake would cost nothing, undertaking a trip to the Himalayas would cost money. However, it is possible to economise to the maximum extent possible.
7. Solitude: Often, it is important to spend some alone time with oneself in order to rethink one’s priorities and set goals accordingly. This is a crucial aspect of the self-discovery journey. Many great thinkers of our times have emphasised on the significance of spending quality time with oneself. This me-time is amongst the greatest investments that one can make, without any outlay.
8. Cultivate a hobby: A hobby is what people enjoy indulging in during their leisure time. One could spend hours pursuing and perfecting their hobbies. Generally, they are not very expensive since most of them cost nominal amounts of money.
There are a plethora of options when it comes to relaxing without shelling out money, each depending upon one’s likes and dislikes and individual preferences. By following simple relaxation techniques, with almost no expenditure, one can achieve peace of mind anywhere and at any time! Find out how money-savvy are the millennials.