Have you read these stories?

This week will decide India's course against the coronavirus

India's acceleration phase has been worsened by Nizamuddin Markaz hotspot.

Karnataka

06 April, 2020, 11:43 AM IST

SEARCHED FOR:

KARNATAKA

Karnataka's Covid-19 count at 83

The Karnataka government on Sunday confirmed that five employees of a pharmaceutical company in Nanjangud near Mysuru who had come in contact with a Covid-19 patient have tested positive.

  • The deceased had travel history to Mecca in Saudi Arabia. She also had pre-existing conditions like diabetes, chest pain and hip fracture. Earlier, the state had reported the death of a 76-year-old man from Kalaburgi who too had travel history to Saudi Arabia.

    Karnataka has reported two new Covid-19 positive cases on Monday night, taking the total number of virus infected people to 10.

    The man had returned to his hometown after a month-long visit to Saudi Arabia and fallen sick after his arrival. Several people are said to have come in contact with him before he breathed his last. Of them, four of his family members were suspected of infection and hospitalised.

    In the third COVID-19 fatality in Karnataka, a 60-year-old man died at a hospital in Tumakuru on Friday hours after his test result came positive for coronavirus infection along with that of six others as the total cases in the state rose to 62.

    Karnataka CM and Dy CM openly flout norms of social distancing. They were distributing free milk to the people of a colony in Bengaluru.Watc...

    The online training programme is a collaboration between Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS) and NIMHANS, Bengaluru and covers clinical case management, diagnosis and infection control in health care settings and protocols to be followed across all hospitals for Covid-19, the state health department in a press release.

    The Karnataka government is buying a 1000 ventilators, 10 lakh face masks and five lakh of personal protective equipment (PPE)

    Between 2 pm on Monday and 8 am on Tuesday, four more new cases, including three with a travel history to Dubai, have been confirmed in Karnataka, the update said. Meanwhile, three persons, including two Australia returnees, who violated the home quarantine advise have been apprehended here and isolated, an official update said.

    Chief Minister B S Yediyurappa made the announcement after a meeting with cabinet colleagues and subject experts to review the situation on Sunday.

    Among the 110 positive cases mentioned by the department, 48 were from Bengaluru, 19 from Mysuru, nine from Chikkaballapura and Dakshina Kannada, eight from Uttara Kannada, four from Kalaburgai, three each from Davangere, Udupi and Ballari, two from Tumakuru, and one each from Kodagu and Dharwad.

    The incident had occurred at Sadiq layout in North Bengaluru when two women healthcare workers visited the area on a two-wheeler. A local miscreant, who blocked them, asked them about the purpose of their visit. He quickly got an announcement made from the local mosque asking people to prevent their entry into the area.

    Breaking its protocol, the Karnataka health department has decided to test Tablighi Jamaat members for Covid-19 even if they are asymptomatic and have not attended the Nizamuddin Markaz event in Delhi last month.

    The 63-year-old doctor has been placed under quarantine at his home along with his family members and is being shifted to an isolation ward, Kalaburagi Deputy Commissioner Sharat B said.

    The government said that buses, trains and metros will not operate in these districts. However, auto rickshaws and cabs will continue to ply. There will be a ban on commercial activities, but shops selling essentials like grocery, medicine, vegetables will remain open. The shutdown will be in force till March 31, Home Minister Basavaraj Bommai said.

Load More...
x

Other useful Links


Copyright © 2020 Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd. All rights reserved. For reprint rights: Times Syndication Service